JAG PANZER for PP7! Part II

I'd love to see Panzer play at ProgPower. Mark and Harry are very cool guys. Harry is a pretty damn funny guy and needless to say very far from being gay (but I bet he would get a great laugh out of it!).

Harry sang with with a cover band here in Colorado called Motherload. Motherload also has Jeremy and Toby from my band Section 16.

Here is the link to a pic of Harry and our singer Corey Brown jamming live with Motherload a few months ago.

http://www.sectionxvi.com/Motherload4/Mothergallery/March 12/Guest Musicians/DSC04201.jpg

Ian
Section 16

Suspenders + leather pants = NOT METAL!

Harry is FAR more metal than you are. He doesn't give a rat's ass what you think of his clothes -- he wears what he wants to wear. You, on the other hand, are more worried about what Jag Panzer wears on stage than what their music sounds like. You said yourself that you weren't knocking their music, but that you didn't want them to play ProgPower because of their clothes. That's "poseur" talk.

By the way, no, Chris isn't the "original" guitarist (Joey Tafolla was, but Chris plays circles around him). However, you're completely wrong about the band's lack of creativity... their last three studio albums (meaning, all except one of the albums Chris played on) have been very original and complex within the power metal genre. The less-"creative" stuff you're referring to is more than likely from their earlier work, which was recorded before there were a million power metal clone bands in existence. Fact is, Jag Panzer are pioneers, and have always been pioneers, whether you like them or not.

booB said:
He doesn't give a rat's ass what you think of his clothes -- he wears what he wants to wear.
You are starting to sound OLD now. Only the old guys talk that Metal = Independence talk.

Joe

Joe-× said:
You are starting to sound OLD now. Only the old guys talk that Metal = Independence talk.

Joe

And that explains why metal these days is trend ridden and why so called "nu-metal" is so popular amongst some of the younger 'fans'. Also, their obsession to conformity is plain for all to see. Conform to the norm or they will call you ghey! Well fuck that! Metal = independence!

As for the "old guys" remember that "old guys" created the scene even before you were born. You should respect that instead of dissing "old guys".

Hawk said:
As for the "old guys" remember that "old guys" created the scene even before you were born. You should respect that instead of dissing "old guys".
I bought British Steel in the big black plastic circle version the day it was released when it was considered new metal. I'm wondering what scene you older guys were creating back in '64.

Joe

Joe-&#215 said:
I bought British Steel in the big black plastic circle version the day it was released when it was considered new metal. I'm wondering what scene you older guys were creating back in '64.

Joe

Your sarcasm is misdirected.

Not to turn this into a pissing contest but I got Rock City from Riot when it was released back in 1977. And in 1980 I was wring and interviewing for the biggest metal mag Aardschok in Holland.

In 1981 I founded the Dynamo Metal Pub that later would create the Dynamo Open Air festival. In the small concert hall of the Dynamo we had gigs from Slayer, Exodus, Anthrax, Testament, Helstar, Laaz Rockit [4 times], Jaguar [3 times], Leather Wolf, Raven [4 times] Mercyful Fate [4 times], Vicious Rumours, Anvil and many, many more.

I also played the music on the regular metal evenings for more than 10 years. Thats how I created part of the metal scene in Europe.

So tell me; what have you done for the metal scene?

Hawk said:
Nobody. Nobody cares about what you say so shut up!
Listen. I've got no beef with you. I made a joke to bob. You didn't understand it, so you called me young and told me to respect all you old people. You made a mistake. I called you on it. You went all apeshit and posted your impressive metal resume for reasons I can't fathom. Still searching for some kind of respect you feel is lacking probably. I posted that British Steel to establish my age, not my TROO metal credentials. It's not even that great of an album. I think it's great for you that you've participated in the metal scene. If you had fun, then great. But I'm not impressed by it. I don't care about it. I think that participating in the metal scene is OK for fun, but I place little or no real value on it - a graphing of my valuation would be roughly asymptotic to the x axis. Sorry, but that's how I feel.

Joe

Hawk said:

Hell Yeah Henri! :headbang:
Come to the next PP here, and we'll beat these 'tards with our canes & walkers! Let's see how "metal" they are when they get their asses kicked by a couple of old geezers! LOL! :D :Spin:

J-Dubya - Another "old" guy (who's mental age ranges from 6 to 90)

J-Dubya 777 said:
Hell Yeah Henri! :headbang:
Come to the next PP here, and we'll beat these 'tards with our canes & walkers! Let's see how "metal" they are when they get their asses kicked by a couple of old geezers! LOL! :D :Spin:

J-Dubya - Another "old" guy (who's mental age ranges from 6 to 90)

Hell yea!! One notch for us grandpa's ! In fact its almost certain that I will be present at next years prog-power. I'll promise to signal you with my walking cane so you will know me. :lol:

Hawk said:
Hell yea!! One notch for us grandpa's ! In fact its almost certain that I will be present at next years prog-power. I'll promise to signal you with my walking cane so you will know me. :lol:

:D I hope to see you in Atlanta. That would kick much ass!
It really is a good time too!

J-Dubya - Wearing his Iron Maiden Depends