Jam I Recorded Last night (7-string and groovy SSD)

J.L.BeelerMusic

Professionally Amateur
Jan 24, 2012
U.S.A, FL
Here's some very simple meat headed playing on top of a Midi SSD track I mapped last night. I finished Mixing it this morning and it surprised me how well it sounded (as far as my stuff goes anyway). But I KNOW you guys could help me out with problem areas.

So sloppy playing aside, what do you think?

Last edited by a moderator:
The drums sound great! I think the low guitar riff from 0:20 to 0:57 could do with a tiny bit more bottom end, and are the mids scooped out? It sounds a bit like it's lacking in density, it could either do with a boost or less of a reduction (the latter I think being the better option)

Yeah normally I use much more mids than that but my mic placement was a tad off and it gave me a problem frequency right in the upper mids. I tried to do a little bit of surgical eq but I ended up taking too much out I suppose.

Oh another thing I did to the guitars that I just remembered was I put them through a slight bit of room verb trying to be creative, not sure if that worked out for the best yet lol. As well as a stereo width thing.

Now as far as the overall track goes there is no Mastering, Just a limiter to bring the volume up a bit.