Japan Version Vs German Version

Fidochippy

New Metal Member
Hello Kids,

Finally got the German Digi after having the Japan version for the last three weeks. I want to start off by saying that I feel this is the best Anthrax ever, but man, was I ever disapointed! I truly feel that throwing on the Safe Home acoustic as track 15 kills the spirit of the CD. Love the plugged in version, but hate the acoustic. Sounds like the Goo Goo Dolls, just with a better solo! Even John sounds boarded!

Love the artwork, how it opens up, but am sad they included that acoustic version!

What does everyone else think? Am I just used to the Japan version already?

Love Love Anthrax!

Garth

wow you don;t like the acoustic safe home???!
i love it!
i guess don;t listen to it if you feel so strongly about it...
what is the difference between the digi pack and the jap version? is the packaging different or just minus the bonus tracks?

I think the acoustic is just very laidback and they record it in one take, well that's how it sounds to me , don't take it to serious, they will never do an MTV unplugged unless they all reach the age of 666 combined!!!!!

Riehlthing said:
What websites can we order the different versions off of?

I got my German version off a German cd store on ebay, $22.99 Buy it now. Japanese sellers were at $55 for one less track. Completist I am, I need ALL the B-Sides, so German was the way, and a better price to boot. If Japanese were the one with Safe Home Acoustic, and still $55, I would have bit the bullet. I need them all!

tdk

Acoustic Safe Home is not like the anything the Thrax have done before - therefore to me its fuckin cool.

nafnikufesin i just noticed the bottle of beer in the background of your baby's pic- LOL.
was that placed there on purpose 'in shot'??

thedarkestknight said:
I got my German version off a German cd store on ebay, $22.99 Buy it now. Japanese sellers were at $55 for one less track. Completist I am, I need ALL the B-Sides, so German was the way, and a better price to boot. If Japanese were the one with Safe Home Acoustic, and still $55, I would have bit the bullet. I need them all!

tdk
What?
A "completist" would buy ALL versions regardless of the tracks. :D

it's just fucking typical of thrax not getting the respect they deserve.
to not be included on that tribute record is a joke- but i guess there's all kinds of label politics behind the decision...