japanese scene

The saYer

thrashermetaller
Aug 17, 2003
bay area
Visit site
how do you guys feel about the japanese scene? By what I have seen, If they see a metal star they can't freaking believe it, and then they also have great bands like metalucifer that are cheesy as heck but are fun to listen to, I just love their scene.

The only Japanese band I've ever loved is Loudness. Concerto Moon is really good too. Other than that, Anthem and Earthshaker are levels below the other two. I don't know much about the current scene there.

A very often forgotten Jap band is Vow Wow (earlier was called Bow Wow). Vow Wow made some excelent melodic metal, certainly their album "Beat of Metal Motion" is a killer. Some other names that I can think of now are 44Magnum, Heavy Metal Army, Sabbat and Saber Tiger.
Of the current scene I know Fatima Hill and Vigilante are very good.
Here's a list of current Jap Metal bands, funny to surf those sites :)
http://ww4.et.tiki.ne.jp/~sophia/japanese/japanese.html

Metalucifer is good, but damn difficult to get. I had tried unsuccesfully to get a hold on some of their albums.

An interesting band I'm still thinking about getting into it is Church Of Misery, doom/stoner based on serial killers.

Also check even for the fun of it Gallhammer and Sigh.

I know very little about it. I do remember being flat out amazed at Akira Takasaki (Loudness guitarist) when Thunder from the East came out in trhe mid-80's though. He was at a level only maybe 20 other guitarists were at at the time.

Bryant

I love 80's Japanese metal, I pick up any I can find on vinyl. A few that have not been mentioned yet are Action (kinda like Crue), Lazy, Blizard, X-Ray, Rajas, Show Ya (all female), amd Sniper.

Have any of you heard X Japan? They were around in the early 90's. Great stuff!!!! Huge hair!!!!!! :)

X-Japan.jpg

Ooops.... almost forgot Flatbacker who later turned into EZO.... I'm sure most everyone here will remember them. They hit America a year or two after Loudness did.

"Flashback... heart attack"
:)

Got an amazing list of vinyls for sale today, here is the Jap section of it...Talk about obscure stuff !!!!

ACTION - HEART RAISER LP. (PHILLIPS,85,JAP) ORIGINAL PRESSING WITHOUT OBI !

CLASSIC JAPANESE METAL ! HIGHLY RECOMMEND ! 40

ASTLLA - BRAIN ! NO ! NO ! LP. (MANDRAKE,89,JAP) ORIGINAL PRESS WITHOUT OBI ! 30

BRONX - EASTER LP. (POLYDOR,85,JAP) VERY RARE 1ST RELEASE !! 1ST PRESS WITHOUT

OBI !! COMES WITH INSERT !! GREAT ARTWORK !! CLASSIC METAL STYLE !! 40

COLOR - FOOLS ! GET LUCKY LP. (FREE,89,JAP) COME WITH INSERT ! 30

EASTERN ORBIT - FUTURE FORCE LP. (NEXUS,82,JAP) COMES WITH INSERT !! 20

ELIZA - BORN TO BE WILD EP. (FASTEN,87,JAP) RARE 4 SONG EP ! ORIGINAL 1ST PRESSING

WITHOUT OBI ! COMES WITH BOOKLET ! 40

FAST DRAW - FAST LP. (PRIVATE,87,JAP) 1ST PRESS WITHOUT OBI !!! WITH INSERT !! 40

GERARD - EMPTY LIE, EMPTY DREAM LP. (KING,85,JAP) MEGA RARE ! ORIGINAL PRESS

WITH OBI & BOOKLET ! CLASSIC JAPANESE PROGRESSIVE METAL WITH NWOBHM

INFLUENCES ! A MUST TO HEAR ! 80

GROUND ZERO - GATE OF DEATH LP. (EXPLOSION,87,JAP ) 1ST PRESSING WITHOUT OBI !!

BRUTAL JAPANESE THRASH !! THIS ONE DESTROYS !!! FANTASY ARTWORK 50

HEAVY METAL ARMY - 1 LP. (KING,81,JAP) RARE 1ST LP ! ORIGIANL PRESS WITHOUT OBI !

COMES WITH BOOKLET ! CLASSIC JAPANESE METAL ! 40

LAZY - UCHUU SEN CHIKYUU GOU LP. (RCA,80,JAP) MEGA RARE ! IMPOSSIBLE

TO FIND 1ST LP ! VERY SIMILAR IN STYLE TO EARLY NWOBHM ! A MUST TO HEAR ! 50

NOVELA - IN THE NIGHT LP. (NEXUS,80,JAP) ULTRA RARE ! 1ST PRESSING WITHOUT OBI !

COMES WITH BOOKLET ! EXCELLENT NWOBHM STYLE ! THE KUT  THE MANOR

OF COUNT HYDRA  ESTROYS ! A MUST TO HEAR ! 100

NOVELA - REQUIEM EP. (NEXUS,81,JAP) ULTRA RARE ! BRILLIANT 4 SONG EP WITH NON LP

KUTS ! 1ST PRESSING WITH OBI & INSERT ! VERY SIMILAR TO EARLY NWOBHM ! 100

OUTRAGE - SAME MINI LP. (PRIVATE,87,JAP) ULTRA RARE ! NEVER ISSUED WITH OBI !

CLASSIC POWER/THRASH METAL ! SIZZLING GUITAR WILL DESTROY YOU ! 80

REACTION - AGITATOR LP. (INVITATION,86,JAP) CLASSIC JAPANESE METAL !

ORIGINAL 1 ST PRESS WITHOUT OBI ! COMES WITH BOOKLET ! A MUST ! 50

REACTION - SAME LP. (INVITATION,88,JAP) 1ST PRESS WITHOUT OBI ! WITH INSERT ! 40

SABBRABELLS - LIVE LP. (KING,86,JAP) VERY RARE ! CLASSIC METAL STYLE ! 50

SEIKIMA - THE END OF CENTURY LP. (FITZBEAT,86,JAP) CLASSIC JAPANESE METAL !

COMES WITH INSERT ! HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS GEM ! 60

SEIKIMA - SAME LP. (FITZBEAT,85,JAP) MEGA RARE 1 ST LP ! CLASSIC JAPANESE

METAL ! 1ST PRESSING WITH INSERT ! A MUST TO HEAR ! 75

SHOCK - ON THE ROCK LP. (MANDRAKEROOT,87,JAP) WITHOUT OBI ! WITH INSERT ! 40

BREEZE LEAST - BREEZE LEAST/DREAD TO DEAD 7 SINGLE. (PRIVATE,86,JAP) ULTRA RARE ! 100

CASBAH - RUSSIAN ROULETTE 7 EP. (NO POSER,86,JAP) EXTREMELY RARE ! KILLER

TWO SONG THRASH MONSTER ! LEGENDARY THRASH METAL KINGS ! 50

JERUSALEM - ROCK N ROLL/JULIA 7 SINGLE. (PRIVATE,85,JAP) MEGA RARE ! 50

RAJAS - LIAR/LONELY DANCER 7 SINGLE. (SMS,85,JAP) CLASSIC METAL STYLE ! 25

UNITED - BEAST DOMINATES EP. (PRIVATE,86,JAP) ULTRA RARE ! KILLER 4 SONG EP ! 50

Wyvern said:
Metalucifer is good, but damn difficult to get. I had tried unsuccesfully to get a hold on some of their albums.

Try eBay, a friend of mine got one or two CDs of theirs there.
An other friend bought their vinyl limited to 666 copies :tickled: at Wacken Open Air.

I have 3 albums of theirs (if I'm not mistaken) and a live album, so if you need those, drop me a line, and I'll reinstall SoulSeek so you can get them. :)

JonnyD said:
Yeah I remember X-Japan They Had some Cool songs .... ofcourse they had some Terrible ones too hahaha but they could Kick ass when needed!

Yeah, they did alot of ballads.... however their heavy songs rocked.

carnut said:
Got an amazing list of vinyls for sale today, here is the Jap section of it...Talk about obscure stuff !!!!

WOW!!!!! What are the prices on these things?