japanese soilwork site!

Iwai-san! i'm surprised. you learned enlgish just in school? i thought you might have studied at some college overseas. amazing! :)
well this means school education in Japan is not that bad huh?
naw i bet you are very smart.

Taki-chan, i happened to know Dokken's webmistress lately, have you been to their site? she is so nice too. i should tell her about this board as she is going to Soilwork show as well!

life for me is getting more hectic, so i might not be able to check this board so often in a couple o days, but i will talk to ya soon.

night night!

Taki-chan, i happened to know Dokken's webmistress lately, have you been to their site? she is so nice too. i should tell her about this board as she is going to Soilwork show as well!

:) Which one are you talking about? I know there are two of them...the new one?
Maybe we should go Dokken together after the show. (What a gang! Dokken-san will be afraid :D )

So you're getting busy...hmm
Just please don't push yourself too much.

I'm the one who should be busy...to find a job.
Ahhhhhh!:mad:

ohh Taki-chan, i hope your good luck with finding the good job!
The show is close now, sorry i'd been away from the net serfing for a while..and now i'm having a cold!!! hope i will recover by at least Wed. so that i can bang my head with full of energy! :D
i'm going to the japanese site now.. talk soon!

Junnie, yes I learned English in school, I've been to US and UK a few times actually, but just for sightseeing.
I hope to learn English overseas someday, for a year or longer though.
I guess English language education methods provided by Japanese Gov. is still horrible, however on the other hand
there're some good private schools over here...I took English lessons at ECC.
Ahh...no, I'm not that smart...I can tell you!
How did you learn English btw?

oh.. then ECC is great, isn't it? :)
i myself, hate to say that but i majored in English at college. as you can seee, i was not a good student there! ha! i spent most of the time playing in the school band so i was too busy for study :p
and as i was born and raised up in Kyushu, where i could seldom see a native english speaker, i'm very poor at the english conversation. you might laugh when you hear my wierd pronounciation! :D
BTW tomorrow will be the show! it's my first time to see them, so i'm excited!!
i'll look for you at the show (hope i will fully recover from this cold by then!)

Originally posted by junnie from the east
ohh Taki-chan, i hope your good luck with finding the good job!

Thank you Junnie, but I think I'm stuck completely...:mad: I hate depression, and I'm starting hate myself:loco:
How's your cold? Hope you'll get well by tomorrow :hotjump:

Iwai-san, I used to teach English to children (up to high school students) at an English conversation school (poor kids!), but , actually, methods were not so different from the one provided by government, at least when I taught them. IMO, it's teachers and school system which ruin all the good thing. You'll never be able to speak English if teachers don't speak it!

BTW, my pronunciation isn't so bad somehow. Marty Freedman mistook me for an American once! But I'm poor at vocabularies and grammers, as you can see:loco:
Who cares! I'm not teaching it anymore!!!:heh:

oh sorry to say i still have sore throat and feeling dizzy and everything.. so i had to give up going to the concert last night :(
how was that? i'm sure it was great!

oh you met Marty Freedman? wow i have seldom met any rock stars, how lucky you are ;) and he tought you were a native english speaker? great huh? i bet you'll find a good job with your english skill!!!! i wish your best of the luck!!! :headbang:

English is easy when you have been speaking it for 23 years. I WANT TO KNOW JAPANESE!

If there is anything anyone would like to know about the English language, I can help. But I agree with the guy from Aussie, that you guys have great English skills.

Im going to get Japanese tutoring so I will at least I wont be so foreign when im there rocking it out Nippon style!

Besides, when I goto Japan I will ge to see every band i've ever dreamed of seeing. hah!

That Soilwork site is absolutely freaking beautiful. I love the way that the site is all clean and structured. The use of the colour white is a change from all the black/red metal websites around, and fits perfectly with Soilworks new album artwork. Great work!

If you guys want to check out my previous band's website, then visit http://www.misledbylies.cjb.net

We were kind of a cross between metalcore and melodic metal. THe MP3's on the website are only rough demos with no vocals recorded. But check it out anyway!

Im working on a new band, its going to kick ass. You shall all see! (or hear)

LATES
Jason James

Sorry for my late responce...I've spent hectic days last week so I didn't check the forum so much, argh!

Junnie, too bad you missed Soilwork... IMO they held the great show , altough one of them accidentally crushed PA in the end (ahh...). As for Construcdead, I prefered the latter set. I recognized they might not have so many live experiences while the show. Hopefully they will get chances to do the live performance in the near future as many as they can.

Yes to me ECC is great. I want to go back to learn there again if I have time and money enough, or go to Berlitz... No, I don't think you were not a good student as much as I saw your English writing on your site! So, now do you have any chance to talk to native English speakers? I bet you're now living in Tokyo or in Tokyo suburban, so...

And Taki(oh...you don't have to add 'san' to me anymore!), I was glad to see you after the show in Tokyo. However that time I didn't feel like taking to ppl whom I met for the first time that night, 'cause I was pissed for something (personal) plus I didn't sleep that much for a few days, I mean I didn't feel good that night. I was so sorry if you felt bad due to my behavior when you spoke to me. Ahh...

I slightly heard your English that time...you speak English much better than I I think:). I guess I will need to learn English more before you steel my work for Soilwork from me! heheh...

Thank you for your kind words on the Japanese Soilwork site, Heartless. Yes, I designed the site in order to match their new album artwork. I focus on the band/the album image whenever I make the site for the band.

From what I heard, currently a Swedish guy is now building their new official web site. I guess he's gonna do really good job for Soilwork. I can't wait for checking the new site!

I was in Auckland city on the weekend so among other things I picked up a copy of the Shadow debut on Century Media Recs. Very impressed. If this is any indication of the metal scene in Japan then im even more impressed. The professionality was top-notch and the production was loud and heavy. Shadow's vocalist reminds me of Angela (Arch Enemy) at times but with less range/dynamics in her voice. Brutal!

When I finally do goto Japan, I will bring my bass and possibly start something! That would be rad :)

Have you guys (girls!) heard HateSphere from Denmark? You really need to check them out.

Well anyway, hope you all had a great weekend.

See you neko's!

Jason

ps. This is me. I look stupid.
http://www.misledbylies.orcon.net.nz/visuals/live_pics/unsorted_3.jpg

@ Iwai

Oh, never mind. I get used to being ignored (kidding!:D )
Didn't I mention about my pronunciation? I speak with good accent for a Japanese who're raised in Japan, but that's all!
My lack of vocabulary makes me like I am a moron in many occasion:bah:

And how come you're saying that I'm steeling your work for Soilwork? I have no knowledge of creating a site, moreover, I don't have such an artistic talent like you do!;)

@Junnie

Yes, I met Marty when I went to see Megadeth live in US.
Actually, I met all the band member:) and they were sooooo cool:cool: Really sorry they split up...
And I'm sorry for YOU couldn't make it to the soilwork live:cry:
Hope to see you at the bar Dokken, maybe?:)

@Jason

Hey, I've checked out MBL. It's cool.
And I liked the sound too! Sorry you guys don't exist anymore.
Is there any chance that I'll be able to listen to the whole song with the vocals(I hope it's not growling) on it? If not, you can play one of them when you come to Japan, he he:p

"Jason

Hey, I've checked out MBL. It's cool.
And I liked the sound too! Sorry you guys don't exist anymore.
Is there any chance that I'll be able to listen to the whole song with the vocals(I hope it's not growling) on it? If not, you can play one of them when you come to Japan, he he"

I'm working on a new project, it will be some beautiful melodic death metal with thrash stuff/brutal breakdowns thrown in for good measure! We have a few songs and are in the process of recording them ourselves (me and my brother record everything into our comptuer at home, and we are looking at programming/sampling drums too).

Im mega-ultra-hyper-super sorry but you won't be able to hear those songs with vocals :(. the vocalist left the band and there has been no one to fill in the gap. MBL has fallen apart! And also, no the vocals werent growls! they were screams. Our vocalist sounded alot like the guy from Soilwork. loud/high screams and some occasional death-growls.

When I come to Japan i will bring with me lots of cool stuff to give to all you ;)

MEOWWWWW! :p