Jason Suecof - Pensado's Place interview

Yeah he does the same thing with EDM producers too, but he does listen to the work of the interviewees before talking with them.

I thought Dave did a pretty good job considering it was so far out of his comfort zone. Didn't have any big "ahuh!" Moments for me but I will have to try parallel eq on guitars. I think it was a good introduction into metal production for those who don't know a lot about it.

I think the best part of it was herb shutting up for once though! He had nothing to say >.<

haha...it's always so funny to see people not involved a lot with metal talk about it.
Jason was a bit too fast for Pensado in some spots, but overall it was pretty nice.
Funny how amazed he was about volume automation on fast parts on the kick for example :lol:

Man, the bit where Pensado thinks he did a song off In Waves....awkward. :lol:

Always so much talk about the countryman di. But what mic preamp is everyone loving it with. Wouldnt the preamp have more to do with the sound than the di itself? For example, I use a Great River 1NV and often wondered about buying a solid standalone di but I'd just be running it through the great river anyways so isnt it defeating the purpose a little?

How in the hell do you guys watch these regularly? Listening to Pensado speak is worse than watching a Republican debate.

Ha ha I kinda like him. Reminds me of a crazy uncle. The guy is very successful, and sometimes it seems like he has no effing clue what he's doing. Which kind of gives me hope.

How in the hell do you guys watch these regularly? Listening to Pensado speak is worse than watching a Republican debate.

It's almost part of the charm! He is normally a lot better than this episode though, his last episode with Jasen Joshua was actually very well done.

It's almost part of the charm! He is normally a lot better than this episode though, his last episode with Jasen Joshua was actually very well done.

Yeah just finished watching it. He definitely didn't do as good of a job as normal. I feel like we've learned just as much about Seucof's working methods through a couple posts from Mark than we really did here, but at least it's nice to see him getting a metal guy on there. The Skype connection wasn't perfect either.

I don't take it too seriously. I learnt nothing and wasn't expecting to. I didn't even watch the whole stuff. But I enjoyed the sloppiness of it. haha!