Jaxx 2/23

Oct 2, 2004
New Jersey
www.myspace.com
I just bought my ticket for the headlining show at Jaxx on the 23rd!! I'll be driving down by myself from NJ, (200+ miles!) so if anyone wants to meet up at the venue or if anyone in the tri-state area wants to take the trip down, let me know! Can't wait to see DT play a full set, it's going to be amazing :headbang:

I'll be coming up from NC for the show. I'll most likely be in either a High on Fire shirt or a Mastodon hoodie. Guaranteed to be a fucking amazing show.

How much is teh gas and which car are you driving? I might hitch a ride, highly possible ;) With a friend :D

I'll be there. Jaxx doesn't have great sound, though. Last tour I saw them at Jaxx then followed them to NYC and saw them at BB Kings. The second show sounded a hundred times better.

videolamer said:
I'll be there. Jaxx doesn't have great sound, though. Last tour I saw them at Jaxx then followed them to NYC and saw them at BB Kings. The second show sounded a hundred times better.

Oh boy, I was there, and let me tell you - that sound in BB SUCKED.

Irving Plaza, Rosaland, Trocadero (!) and EF are teh best... TLA not bad either, been there only once, but it was good :) It really doesn't matter from the front row, but you can tell teh difference :)

What's up fellas. I might need a ride as well. I can get down there alright but it's getting back that's the tricky part. I live in College Park, MD if anyone can give me a ride.

Plintus-Read my PM on the IF's board. Are we going to the bars with Stanne and crew afterwards?

hey XT, if thats on the way back to NJ then i can probably drop you off on the way back... and Plintus, if you need a ride from philly i guess we could meet up somewhere in the middle and head down? im game for anything

plintus said:
Oh boy, I was there, and let me tell you - that sound in BB SUCKED.

Irving Plaza, Rosaland, Trocadero (!) and EF are teh best... TLA not bad either, been there only once, but it was good :) It really doesn't matter from the front row, but you can tell teh difference :)

I meant it the other way around. BB King's was better than Jaxx to my ears. Jaxx seems to assume all metal needs a ton of bass and drum sound and not much else. This works for a lot of metal bands but not when it's melodic and has a lot of leads and solos on the higher strings.

Hey Creator Failure,

That would be sick if you could give me a ride. Not sure I'll need it yet but CP is right off 95 and my school (where I live) isn't far from the exit. I've been exchanging messages with Plintus on the IF's boards and he doesn't seem to have any idea on what the hell's going on. He's clearly a very poor planner, but he does know Martin B. so we were hoping to catch a few drinks with the boys after the show.

This would be my first time seeing DT though so I really want to go to this show, especially considering they're headlining and I missed the Towson one with Opeth. I'll let you know if I need a ride tomorrow though. Thanks for the offer man.

XTGeminiman said:
Hey Creator Failure,

That would be sick if you could give me a ride. Not sure I'll need it yet but CP is right off 95 and my school (where I live) isn't far from the exit. I've been exchanging messages with Plintus on the IF's boards and he doesn't seem to have any idea on what the hell's going on. He's clearly a very poor planner, but he does know Martin B. so we were hoping to catch a few drinks with the boys after the show.

This would be my first time seeing DT though so I really want to go to this show, especially considering they're headlining and I missed the Towson one with Opeth. I'll let you know if I need a ride tomorrow though. Thanks for the offer man.

Yea man, im sure it wouldnt be a problem... Even if you dont need the ride we could meet up at the venue anyway, as of now im still going by myself so it would be sweet to not stand around for a few hours alone

Wow, glad I found this thread. I was going to take a Greyhound bus to VA, I'd rather put the money to better use (IE carpool). If anybody from the area minds picking up a few of us (probably 2 people) we'll cover like $20 apiece for gas.

We debated going to Opeth in NYC the same night, but a DT headlining gig is definately not worth missing.

Creator_Failure said:
hey XT, if thats on the way back to NJ then i can probably drop you off on the way back... and Plintus, if you need a ride from philly i guess we could meet up somewhere in the middle and head down? im game for anything

Hey man, my roommate has messed up schedule, so I'm not sure when we are heading down, I guess we are taking a bus in the end. But we'll meet up at the venue, I'm sure :)

XT: what bar are you talking about - you are fucking 13 :D

plintus said:
Hey man, my roommate has messed up schedule, so I'm not sure when we are heading down, I guess we are taking a bus in the end. But we'll meet up at the venue, I'm sure :)

XT: what bar are you talking about - you are fucking 13 :D

That's right! Come get me Plintus, you raging pedaphile!

*takes off pants*

Mrrrrrrrrrr...........

If anyone is going to this show tomorrow, check out FIERCE ALLEGIANCE (brutal thrash metal), we are opening the show.....our new album was produced by Ken Olden (producer of older Darkest Hour, Damnation AD). It's thrash inspired by Dark Tranquillity, Sepultura, Testament etc....and has good production....lot's of blazing guitar solos.
http://www.myspace.com/fierceallegiance

XTGeminiman - send me an email, I'll see if I can hook you up with a ride. Also, Jaxx asked us to sell the few remaining tickets. They are $16 from us, or $22 from ticketmaster. If you want'em, paypal us and we will have them waiting for you at the Jaxx will call desk. All orders come with free Arch Enemy, Dark Tranquillity posters and Century Media Sampler CDs (I used to work for CM).

Email me at: thrashthreat@gmail.com

Fierce_DarkTranquillityFlyer.jpg