Jaxx Show 5/7/06

FretsAflame

Undercover Shredder
Sep 8, 2003
Funkytown
Wow, what a killer show!

A review in brief: Evergrey had some minor sound problems, but they still sounded amazing. They played a lot of stuff from their whole catalogue (a full 75 mins of evergrey :D), and it was just all around an excellent show that they put on. Also, some dude in the crowd proposed to his girlfriend on stage during their set, which was fuckin awesome!

If I can remember more later I'll write a proper review but right now I'm really fucking tired and banged up lol XD

Tom forgot the lyrics at the beginning of Rulers of the Mind. *grin*

I coulda lived without that moshpit. It started with a handful of people in front of me, but fortunately it shifted off to the right where I could watch the show and not have to brace myself for some sweaty 220lb kid crashing into me. :p

I'll post some photos when I get around to resizing and uploading them. My ride left at 12, and I only got a chance to hang out a little bit with Tom and Rikard, so none of my usual candid photos of the band goofing off in the bar...

AMAZING show. A long time coming and a dream come true. Words cannot describe how incredible it was. I can't wait to see their performance at Progpower. It's going to be last night X 100, haha! Last time they came to VA the only person I got to meet and speak to was Michael, and this time around I got to meet and speak with everyone BUT him. Poor Tom, everyone kept buying him shots; Halfway through Nevermore's set he didn't have any idea who he was or where he was, haha! Nevermore was amazing as well. It's going to be a long time before this night is topped. Cheers!! :)

jaimek said:

I coulda lived without that moshpit. It started with a handful of people in front of me, but fortunately it shifted off to the left where I could watch the show and not have to brace myself for some sweaty 220lb kid crashing into me. :p

I'll post some photos when I get around to resizing and uploading them. My ride left at 12, and I only got a chance to hang out a little bit with Tom and Rikard, so none of my usual candid photos of the band goofing off in the bar...

The only bad thing I have to say about the entire show is that I ran into a substantial number of assholes at it.

The moshpit, meh, people kept it pretty in check during evergrey, but sadly no one was really moving around during Nevermore's heavier riffs. At one point I grabbed the railing at the front only to have some asshole literally punch my arm off it. :eyeroll: some people man.

Regardless, I had a fucking awesome time.

jaimek said:

I coulda lived without that moshpit. It started with a handful of people in front of me, but fortunately it shifted off to the left where I could watch the show and not have to brace myself for some sweaty 220lb kid crashing into me. :p

oh wow, actually I think I saw you there! :D

That was me who proposed to my girlfriend.

Watch the vid here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rg4hszvn_zg

And the pics I took here:

http://community.webshots.com/album/550176715eEtDzb

logue_evergrey_resize.jpg

:headbang:

Madkill said:
Congrats dude, I was there when you approached the Evergrey guys and was getting my CD's signed.

Yeah, I remember ya dude.

@FretsAflame: When I was talking to the band about how we were going to do it, Tom asked me "Now, you ARE sure she will say yes, right? You don't want to be embarassed in front of everyone!".

And I'd like to say, Tom, Henk, Rik, Jonas, and Mike are the greatest guys ever! After the show, Henk gave me a hug and told me congrats. :lol: Next time they come around, hopefully I'll be 21, and I'll buy them a round and dinner.

And, Division kicked so much ass, my woman and I are definantly buying their album.

and a big Thanks to everyone

Blinded
End of Your Days
Rulers of the Mind
She Speaks To The Dead
More Than Ever
Obedience
As I Lie Here Bleeding
I'm Sorry
Still In The Water
Monday Morning Apocalypse
The Masterplan
When The Walls Go Down
Recreation Day
A Touch of Blessing
Mark of the Triangle

tong_boy_junior said:

That was so cute ... congratulations to you both!

I had such a great time :kickass:
I think that was the shortest hour & 15 minutes of my life ......

And it was nice meeting you, Jaime, as brief as it was :wave:

tong_boy_junior said:

Watch the vid here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rg4hszvn_zg

And the pics I took here:

http://community.webshots.com/album/550176715eEtDzb

logue_evergrey_resize.jpg

:headbang:

Hey, that's awesome dude. I was asking around about you on the review thread for the show on the ProgPower forum because I got some pictures of the proposal. I have a couple pics if you want them. It was awesome that you got someone to video tape it, but you couldn't see your lady's face so here are some shots of both your reactions (sorry, if they are a little dark):

346%3A4%3A932%7Ffp344%3Enu%3D3255%3E7%3C%3B%3E989%3EWSNRCG%3D32336%3B%3A7545%3A%3Cnu0mrj

346%3A4%3A932%7Ffp343%3Enu%3D3255%3E7%3C%3B%3E989%3EWSNRCG%3D32336%3B%3A75784%3Bnu0mrj

Congratulations again to you and your lady. Best wishes to you both. Rock on! :headbang: :kickass:

BlackRose, we stayed backstage after I proposed for the rest of the Evergrey set. After they were done playing, we went out back with them, talked for a little bit, took pictures, and left. We didn't stay for Nevermore because we had to work the following day.

But, hey, thanks a lot! :)