Jazz

also, choke on this

WELL PUT! IM STILL GASPING

those fuckers are so good it is stupid. Joe Pass and Niels-Henning -Orsted-Peterson

Totally sick man! I've seen other footage, possibly from this same show but not that one. Thats a whole nother brain wave going on there.... I dont have it

:worship:

well, this isnt pure jazz or maybe even to some not jazz at all, but three legends still held dear by the jazz community. Pioneers on their own, classical/latin/jazz nicely fused

Last edited by a moderator:
sorry, 1349. I am unable to give you anything atm:(. im to dumb today.

anyways, saw Return to Forever last night( Chock Corea, Stanley Clark, Al Di Meola, Lenny White) . Fucking amazing.

today, I also bought:Return to Forever- Anthology
BEla Fleck and the Flecktones-Outbound
Chick Corea -Akoustic Band
Chick Corea and Gary Burton- The New Crystal Silence

some videos

not so much jazz as just plain awesome, but he comes from a jazz background so what the hell

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8j_LRFO4Lc&feature=related[/ame]

fucking great.'nuff said

ive probably already posted this, but its one of my all time favorite videos and song. Coltrane is GOD

Chick Corea and Hiromi Uehara( some Japanese wunderkind) jamming on Spain. Beautiful Melodies and trade-offs

Great thread!!Not much to add, a lot of great musicians mentioned. For horn players I like; Charlie Parker, Wallace Roney, Wayne Shorter. Jaco Pastorius floors me with his bass playing. Keys--Keith Jarret, Bill Evans, Ahmad Jamal, Oscar Peterson and Joe Zawinul. A band from the 70's I liked was Weather Report.

Larry Coryell '78, dont hear much mention of him except around jazz circles but he was the man at one time, perhaps outshined by DiMeola, Paco and MacLaughlin, yet he's played with all of them

Jan Akkerman, from Focus, the progressive rock band that did Hocus Pocus back in '71... from classically edged proto metal to jazz. Gotta love him

check this - Martin Taylor

Joe Pass - on the same song, I love the old jazz standards

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/non-metal/385481-jazz.html tbh.

but, either way,

mellow eh...hmm Dave Holland QUintet it mellow and awesome. Obviously theres alot of Miles DAvis that could be said here. CHarles Mingus's Mingus ah Um, Mingus, and Charles Mingus presents Charles mingus are fairly mellow.

CHick Corea with Gary Burton-the new Crystal silence would be good.

Lots of coltrane has a nice mellow vibe.

Herbie Hancock-Joni Letters

goes with those for now I guess