Jazz

I need some epic Herbie Hancock, for sure.

What you need is the Mwandishi era albums: 'Mwandishi', 'Crossings', and especially 'Sextant' which will blow your mind if you like experimental, prog, or fusion whatsoever. There is also 'Fat Albert Rotunda' but that was done for that Cosby show and doesn't stack up as well on it's own merit...

'Headhunters' is also necessary, which was the first album with the band of the same name and HH's most acclaimed album, but nothing else from that particular era is half as good.

Merged these threads because there was already a Jazz thread on the front page. Sorry it took me so long.

tagradh, get Gary Willis - Bent Laid-back (ish) Jazz Fusion with minimal cheese factor.

51%2Bj49e2DNL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

What you need is the Mwandishi era albums: 'Mwandishi', 'Crossings', and especially 'Sextant' which will blow your mind if you like experimental, prog, or fusion whatsoever. There is also 'Fat Albert Rotunda' but that was done for that Cosby show and doesn't stack up as well on it's own merit...

'Headhunters' is also necessary, which was the first album with the band of the same name and HH's most acclaimed album, but nothing else from that particular era is half as good.

Didn't he do a song called "Actual Proof"? I'm wondering what album that song was on. This guy's discography is epic.

I also need some Miles. There's just too much stuff I need.

Merged these threads because there was already a Jazz thread on the front page. Sorry it took me so long.

tagradh, get Gary Willis - Bent Laid-back (ish) Jazz Fusion with minimal cheese factor.

51%2Bj49e2DNL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

I love Gary Willis, but I have never heard any of his solo stuff. I will take note of this one.

jazz is amazing, no doubt. i like so much corea and many others. probably the most hard music to play.

a dennis chambers project that i like is CAB, with tony macalpine. also he plays on a band called Uncle Moe's space ranch, with tj helmerich and gary willis.

I am starting to exploring jazz just now. Been into some fusion quite heavily but I am very limited in my knowledge of the genre so just now I am listening alot to compilations. Some stuff is really amazing.

another great band is tribal tech. i just got the last album, rocket science, also with gary willis, impossible to describe.

another excellent band that i enjoy is naikaku, from japan. the guitars have some distortion, but the musicians just play jazz fusion very well.

I should get me some new fusion. Im such an old schooler, the latest fusion I have is Gamalons 90 or 91 release other than various songs by former old school fusions guys I have downloaded.