JBL L112 Monitors

Willvilla

New Metal Member
Feb 3, 2010
Found a pair of these speaker/monitors for $250 and know nothing about them other than they were 1500 new supposedly. I've been saving for a pair of monitors for a while, and was going to buy something new in that ($250) price range. But I wanted to get some input on whether or not this is a good deal, and if anyone knows more about them.

Thanks!

Those are "vintage" audiophile speakers (20-30 years old usually), many are not in good condition and need replacement horns/drivers. However they do have a very flat frequency response from what I understand...

They are not powered so you will need an amp. Keep that in mind when you price them out, because it won't be just $250 if you buy them.

Ah thank you very much. That's just what I wanted to hear about the flat frequency response, that's great. The seller used a receiver to power them and offered to throw that in as well for free. I will still have to check about the condition and whether or not any repairs need to be made. Sounds like these should be a great pair tho.