Jeff Bickley - what do you recommend?

Sopel

the crestfallen
Jan 4, 2002
southern Poland
sopel.webd.pl
which album of jeff buckley you reccomend the most, at least for the beginning? i've heard only a few samples from him and i do like "last goodbye" song. thanx in advance.

Jeff Bricklay is well-respected, but we had a similar thread on the Anathema board, didn't we?

Btw, have you noticed the Naffama disappeared altogether? :(

Call me crazy, but I think I'd reccomend the only album he ever finished (Grace).

As for the liv e albums watch out, some of them are crap, I'd go with Mystery White Boy

bicky burger with fries and mayo should do

i mean... like allan said, how many albums did he do anyway? just do grace.

ranting -
only song i listened to a lot is buckleys hallelujah
i liked buckley's interpretation of hallelujah a lot, thought it to be very original till i came along the 'im your fan' record with leonard cohen covers. the album appeared some years before grace and contains a hallelujah cover of john cale, melody line much alike of buckleys.
(still buckleys is very good)
-then i heard alex from breaklose doing a hallelujah version in some sweaty cellar down town paris city two summers ago. brilliant. pity no one recorded that. or?

'grace' is the only really good one. mind you, its the only real album. the first cd of 'sketches from my sweetheart: the drunk' has some good tracks, but grace is a brilliant album. its a classic really.

What Will You Say is his best song.

I made friends with an Opeth fan and unconciously(read drunk) mistook Metallica And justice... era for Megadeth at once. Whilst almost getting beaten for shouting to this girl (I know and knew and know) that black eyeliner doesn't really make her prettier (yeah, it was se that saved me).