Jeff Loomis 7 string

Dude! i just watched that video, did it come with the new guitar world?
or on their website? Jeff breaks down my favorite solo. I love the middle section of his final product solo. I have to meet then on gigatour.

Fuckin'A man

Later

Yup, that's the C-7 hellraiser, but I don't think he got it until after the release of TGE. Before that, he had a C-7 BlackJack with EMG 707's.

That said, my LTD Viper 407 should be arriving in a week or so; can't wait!

DSS3 said:
Yup, that's the C-7 hellraiser, but I don't think he got it until after the release of TGE. Before that, he had a C-7 BlackJack with EMG 707's.

That said, my LTD Viper 407 should be arriving in a week or so; can't wait!

You're right. I recall the video Andy shot of Smyth playing Loomis' Schecter. It had a distince pearl binding. The C-7 hellraiser's binding isn't as bright as that one. Good going!

Sound is shoddy though. Considering you could hear him hitting the strings, I assume they just kinda pointed a mic in the general direction. Sounds a bit like the on-board gain of a combo amp too.

Im glad you guys liked the clip ... I ripped it off the CD cause the guys over at the Smyth Forum were drooling cause some of then couldnt find it with the new issue of GW ... So i threw it together for all of you that couldnt get your hads on it ...

Thanks Mendel for posting it here. Thats why i was comming here but you beat me too it ....

Da Fukn Guru

I still love the ESP M307 he played on the "dhiadw" tour. He ran into a POD and Mesa 2:90 when i saw them. Sounded awesome. Speaking of that anyone know what was used on that disc?

Can't wait to see them on gigantour! less than a week for me!

mesa 94' dual recto all the way. boosted with a ts9. four tracks, 100:100 and 80:80
i have the exact settings somewhere but i can't find them right now. i remember that the ts9 settings were level 1200, tone 1000, gain 0900.

afaik EoR was pretty much the same setup, except that the amp wasn't a dual but a triple recto.

i DO however wonder why he didn't use the peavey XXX for EoR or TGE?! i thought it sounded very impressive when i saw nevermore in 2003. pretty much slayed steves triple recto rig...but that's just my opinion :D

Quote from Steve Smyth from his forums...

Hey Everybody!!!
Just got my Krankenstein head and cabs from Krank today, so yes, i'm now endorsing and using Krank, as is Jeff.
Jeff is using the Krankenstein head, and Revolution cabs.
Currently we're both using Eminence Texas Heat speakers, although I am switching very soon to Celestion V-30's, my preference to the Eminence speakers.
There you have it!
More updates to follow!! And pics, yes, pics are coming very soon as well!
Guru, you're right, we used a 94 Dual rec and the Krank Revolution head to track, a Revolution cab and a Boogie cab with Celestion V-30's in it

There you have it.

Da Fukn Guru