Jeff Loomis Guest solo on God forbid's "soul engraved"

the phish

Jesus of the board
Jun 21, 2005
Mos Mangeles, Malifornia
Let me just say that if you guys havent heard it, FUCK. He takes the outro solo for the song (a badass song) and it rapes so much. He does this bend at about 0:12 before the song is over that makes you want to die. How he can bend and vibrato a note 2 whole steps is beyond me.

Regardless, everyone here needs to listen to god forbid. Kinda soilworkish with more thrash. I guess i'd have to say theyre like an amatuer nevermore with growls.

Gone forever and constitution of treason are great albums.

Go.

dreaming neon darkspot said:
so i guess people can stop worrying about Disturbed being the only nu-metalish band Nevermore are getting involved with

Haha. God Forbid aren't really nu-metal. The music is reallllly kickass but i'm not big on the vocals. Jeff Loomis, I swear.. He was being a dick in that song. :tickled: Like "Hey guys, fuck you. I can do this and you can't! Haha! Assholes. :lol: Beat this!"

Well, Jeff probably made the guitarists of God Forbid feel like shit.
And I agree that God Forbid isn't that good of a band.
And they are not nu-metal!

They had a cool thing going with Determination, I dont know why they decided to jump on the bandwagon...

Anyway, I do have that CD actually, and Jeff's solo is sick. The end sounds like its raining diminished scales!

Vic Rattlehead said:
God Forbid might be decent if they had didn't have a shitty singer that sounds like every other shitty screamer.
Agreed, they are much better than the many bands that are out with that sound. MUCH MUCH MUCH better than Disturbed.

100505GodForbid_pic.jpg

MINORITY METAL