Jens Bogren mixed this for us

Sounds incredibly dull to me. Not necessarily bad, just . . . flat. Great song though.

hey thanks for the comments.. it's not the final version that's gonna be on the album though.. Jens said it's pretty much mastered but he's still gonna tweak it..

What would you improve? He's working on other stuff as we speak cause I'm not done with vocals..

hey thanks for the comments.. it's not the final version that's gonna be on the album though.. Jens said it's pretty much mastered but he's still gonna tweak it..

What would you improve? He's working on other stuff as we speak cause I'm not done with vocals..

I've always just had a personal preference of more bottom end and less of that real hissy/fizzy high end. I'm really not incredibly versed on mixing and mastering, so I don't know a plethora of terms or methods of correction, so I really don't know how else I can offer advice -- and I'm certainly not one to just throw out ideas if I didn't trust that they'd work haha.

However, a lot of what I'm not exactly 100% fond of in this song of yours boils down to my own personal preference and is not necessarily what would be "best" or "ideal" by any means.

I've always just had a personal preference of more bottom end and less of that real hissy/fizzy high end. I'm really not incredibly versed on mixing and mastering, so I don't know a plethora of terms or methods of correction, so I really don't know how else I can offer advice -- and I'm certainly not one to just throw out ideas if I didn't trust that they'd work haha.

However, a lot of what I'm not exactly 100% fond of in this song of yours boils down to my own personal preference and is not necessarily what would be "best" or "ideal" by any means.

Ok..

BTW this is our slowest song from the album.. We asked Jens to mix that one first because it has a lot of guitars/melodies. The rest of the songs are way faster and more aggressive ;)

Ok..

BTW this is our slowest song from the album.. We asked Jens to mix that one first because it has a lot of guitars/melodies. The rest of the songs are way faster and more aggressive ;)
Hey, man. Definitely post it in the forums or let me know when you got the album done! I'm anxious to hear what else you've got. The song writing is pretty solid.