Jeremy Lin

:lol: NCAA has heart. They players care about the game more because they are student athletes? That's the same trope about college football. If we make this argument, it should hold to all professions. We don't think people who do science for fun or for free are better than the professors at universities or research institutions.

It's not my fault that at college games you have drunk college kids and mouth breathing townies at these games, making it more "electric". I don't give a fuck about that. It's what is on the court, and since college hoops has a bad product, they need electricity.

These arguments are more just like saying the Minor Leagues in Baseball are better than the MLB. Your arguments hold the same weight.

if I had some piece of ass cheerleader promise to give up the ashen if I was the star at today's game ... i'd be all over the court too.

give me the ball ...

:lol: NCAA has heart. They players care about the game more because they are student athletes? That's the same trope about college football. If we make this argument, it should hold to all professions. We don't think people who do science for fun or for free are better than the professors at universities or research institutions.

It's not my fault that at college games you have drunk college kids and mouth breathing townies at these games, making it more "electric". I don't give a fuck about that. It's what is on the court, and since college hoops has a bad product, they need electricity.

These arguments are more just like saying the Minor Leagues in Baseball are better than the MLB. Your arguments hold the same weight.

You just don't get it, man

"Human, please explain."

COLLEGE: more exciting basketball (some would call this a better "product"). It's more about "the organization" (since players cycle out every four years). Single elimination tournament. Better rivalries (this is not even close, football or basketball wise). Fans are more passionate (it's just true). Seeing players grow up and come into their own. Filling out brackets. Crazy home court advantages. Conference tournaments. The one-and-one. Epic comebacks. The full court press. The three-point shot (some college teams literally live and die by the three, which makes the tournament even crazier). The upsets. The mid-major nobody schools that come out of nowhere to dominate. College chicks. Drinking. College chicks. Drinking.

NBA: some asian dude.

You pretty much just said why you like college basketball better. I'm not going to argue that you should like NBA more. I do agree that the tournament is fun, and you get some unexpected outcomes. I'm arguing that the NBA is not a joke league and the basketball is better. If you like the shit on the side rather than the actual basketball, fair enough.

as an aside: the full court press is a technique for bad players and teams to try and make the other team to make a mistake. The reason why they don't do it in the NBA is that the players are much better at passing and awareness of the game and usually make an easy shot. That's not better basketball.

I believe there’s a difference between what we consider “good basketball.” To me, “good basketball” comes down to passion: that shit on the side. If you’ve never had a hardon for a college team, and had to sit through a nail-biting, ass-clenching NCAA game, then you’ve missed out. It seems that, to you, “good basketball” entails a bunch of elite automatons showing off their skill-sets and ability to run the 1-3-1. Sure, they’re the best at what they do. But to think that this automatically makes the NBA “superior” is missing the point. Sports don’t take place in the operating room.

Also, the NBA is a fine league. Right now, it’s probably the best its been since the late 90s. I was never one of the haters. And of course the full court press isn’t run in the NBA because the players are better and smarter. That was never under dispute. It’s the same reason no one ever runs the triple-option in the NFL.

Right. I don't hate college hoops because I'm a fan of basketball. I'd rather watch a 7 game series with the best teams battling rather than a fluke team winning. I can see why people like single elimination, but it's more of a gimmick. Most people that do argue with me think I intellectualize sports too much; I think that's the best way to look at it, though.

Your arguments are fine, with respect that it's more of the experience. Just don't tell me it's a joke league or it's bad.

EDIT: I'm actually watching the OKC game from last night. Fucking Durantula and Westbrook are so fucking fun to watch.

awesome and hilarious post

the Kings are gonna move if we dont build them a new arena. they still owe us like 80 mil on the last arena that was built 25 years ago. the city wants to lease out all the parking in the city for 50 years for the upfront cash to build this thing. im not really sure how this is supposed to be a good idea.

To combat the Ice Queer thread.......

matchups-t1.jpg

what the fuck are you talking about? The knicks are playing really well. They have finally put an offense that lets melo be melo, and their new coach is making them play great defense. The heat are going to win, but that doesn't mean it's not going to be fun.

Watching melo and lebron go at it? that's going to be fucking ace.