Jerusalem v. Dopesmoker

NAD

What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse
Jun 5, 2002
Kandarian Ruins
Any real reason I should get Jerusalem since I tickle my nipples to Dopesmoker on a regular basis? Any real difference between the two? I know Dopesmoker is the "official" version, I just want to officially announce that I'm officially curious. Officially. Oh yeah and to all who recommended Holy Mountain, THANKS because that shit rules as well. Damn I love this band.

Oh and I'm just now realizing that Al Cisneros went on to form Om, so I definitely need to get their shit. [/behind the times]

[/another NAD stoner thread]

[/I'm listening to Jeff Buckley]

[/time to watch Return of the King]

I don't really see a reason to have Jerusalem at all once you have Dopesmoker .........

Of course if you only have Jerusalem, getting the other is mandatory.

Differences:

Jerusalem is shorter by a few minutes
Jerusalem is split into tracks
Jerusalem didn't have the production the band wanted.
Jerusalem doesn't have nearly as badass artwork.

Agreed, stick with what you got. And I think I can take some credit for the Holy Mountain rec., and even if I can't, I'm going to anyway.

NADatar said:
Oh yeah and to all who recommended Holy Mountain, THANKS because that shit rules as well.

You're welcome, niglet.

If you have Jerusalem you MIGHT need Dopesmoker.
If you have Dopesmoker, you don't need Jerusalem.

I have a badass Jerusalem shirt, tho

The original Jerusalem artwork fucking owns the one on the reissue I have :(

I need to get Dopesmoker then I guess.

@NAD: Yeah, OM rules. Just heard their new album "Conference of the Birds" and ... wow!

Yeah, I think everyone in this thread told me to get Holy Mountain, and I've been pretty addicted to it.

Saying the production of Jerusalem is different is reason enough for me to avoid it. Dopesmoker will likely go down as one of my favorite sounding albums of all time. So lush and perfect, sheeeeeeeeesus.

When you unfold Dopesmoker this is what you see:

dopesmoker.jpg

That's like, the entire stoner movement defined.

What a badass album/song Dopesmoker is. I can smell the weedian just listening to this thing.

Drop out of life with bong in hand....