Japan thread v. 2.0

I would definitely, it was one of the highlights of the trip for sure.
Total serenity, walking through those ancient yakusugi forests in the rain (10,000cm annual rainfall on the island, iirc)
A deer walked right up to me and just looked at me like "what is this chump doing in my woods?"
I didn't make it down to the seaside onsen on the southern side of the island which is only accessible at low tide... that woulda been epic.

Ah, there are lots of fun stories from the trip, I'll get into them sometime, just on my way out now.

And I will post pics, though my ones from Yakushima are mostly shit 'cause my digital cam broke when I was wasted in Tokyo and dropped it, so everything after the 3rd day of the trip is on disposable cameras.

sagahaikyo051b1.jpg

sagahaikyo061b1.jpg

sagahaikyo074b1.jpg

Abandoned WWII forced labor shipyard.

Well, why don't you come teach here for a while?

And some more pics from that WWII shipyard.

sagahaikyo005b1.jpg

sagahaikyo034c1b.jpg

I just loved this place. It was so awesome to see this big old concrete building being reclaimed by nature.

Thinking of flying to Tokyo for labor day weekend, right before i leave korea. any suggestions on places to visit in japan?

I should say Tokyo is just the first city that comes to mind, what's going on in your side of japan? Wouldn't mind maybe hiking, walking around some historic stuff and drinking my brains away at night :loco:

Yeah I fucking suck at photography. Way too impatient, I have shit to see and then promptly forget about!!

On the other hand, I think I'm still going through serious Japan-withdrawals. I need to go back. What an amazing place.

Well I'm getting bored of it. Or at least bored of Nagasaki. I'm starting to miss Kobe. It didn't take me long to see why Kobe is constantly voted as the best place to live by foreigners every year.

I'm thinking of getting out of the country for a while in December. Hmmmm......Thailand maybe? Then again, Burma sounds interesting but it could be a hassle to get a visa. Fucking military juntas.

Those I met who had been in Thailand this year had nothing but great stories and hearty endorsements for visiting the country. I'd give it a go for sure!

Man, I wish I'd made it over to visit you!! It woulda been a squeeze for time, I didn't want to put myself in a position where I risked messing up my departure back at Narita.