>=(

blah, it's doesn't matter man... material items can be replaced. i'm not worried about the price it went for per se. i just need a lot of money and a few extra dollars really won't do much so NAD TAKE THE THING FOR $7.50 or i'll have stun autograph and mail me some CoB tabs and slide it into the album jacket!

Dark Chapter said:
damn this day sucks ass, boring as all hell, some of my auctions ended today and didn't do as well as i had hoped (FUCKING AGALLOCH LP WENT FOR $7.50) Yea i'm pissed about a lot of things right about now but at least i finally decided that i wanted to hear some classic Maiden.. D/Led Maiden Japan (Japan Version) which is the whole entire concert as opposed to the shitty US release which was only a 5 song EP.
Might I ask where you got the entire live show? And what date/info you have on it?

Tracklisting?

I ask because there is a well-known bootleg recording titled "Maiden Japan." Also, please do myself and the rest of us bootleg traders a favor: please don't spread an MP3-sourced live recording, k?

eeh christ, let me try this again... ok tracklist:

1. Wrathchild
2. Purgatory
3. Sanctuary
4. Remember Tomorrow
5. Another Life (Incl. Drum Solo)
6. Ghenghis Khan
7. Killers
8. Innocent Excile
9. Twilight Zone
10. Strange World
11. Murders In The Rue Morgue
12. Phantom Of The Opera
13. Iron Maiden
14. Running Free
15. Transylvania (Incl. Guitar Solo)
16. Drifter
17. I`ve Got The Fire

alright now this does NOT sound like a bootleg since i've NEVER heard a bootleg that sounded this good. As far as i know there is no way to do so even if you had a soundboard recording of it. This sounds like an official release, period. I don't remember ever seeing it being listed as one before in it's entirety but i don't know everything :D No problem about handing it out. You should be more worried about the site i posted the link to since they are the one hosting the disc so everyone and their moter can get it if they want.

Hmmm, that's nearly the exact setlist from a VERY well-known SBD recording from Tokyo 1981. I'll have to check.

I can't do much about the site that's dumb enough to host MP3-sourced recordings (Helloween's German official site has something like 40 Helloween bootlegs for download...all in mp3). I can help spread education about MP3 recordings though, and just ask that individuals please not spread them further. I obviously don't care what anyone does for their own listening pleasure.

It's just that when I set up a trade with someone, and get discs back that are clearly MP3-sourced, well, that sucks.

i dunno, would be interesting though to know where it came from since you know they recorded the entire show then selected a few songs to release as an EP. maybe someone did something with the source tapes? if you want i can send you a track through MSN or something so you can compare if you've heard the bootleg you mentioned. all i know is it sounds damn good and it's nice to hear a non-bruce full live recording. Maiden just has too many damn live albums.

ah hell well let me know if you ever do and i'll send some your way to make a comparison. i've always liked Paul Di'anno as well. and now i'm about to commit blasphemy... BRUCE SHOULD HAVE STAYED SOLO DAMMIT :Spin: I loved his albums and when i heard he was back in Maiden i was pissed :yell: BNW and DoD just does not begin to compare to Chemical Wedding or Accident of Birth or even Skunkworks. I like the Beast of Hammersmith live disc, now that's some great live Bruce.

Ok, upon further digging, that show you're listening too is almost CERTAINLY from a bootleg from 1981-05-24, Tokyo, Nakano Sun Plaza Hall. It often circulates with the title "MAIDEN JAPAN."

However, just to muddy things a little bit more...I'm told by some that the bootleg is a fake, and actually comes from a 1981 show at Wembley in London. Either way, it's not from 1979. Hope this helps somewhat.

Dark Chapter said:
ah hell well let me know if you ever do and i'll send some your way to make a comparison. i've always liked Paul Di'anno as well. and now i'm about to commit blasphemy... BRUCE SHOULD HAVE STAYED SOLO DAMMIT :Spin: I loved his albums and when i heard he was back in Maiden i was pissed :yell: BNW and DoD just does not begin to compare to Chemical Wedding or Accident of Birth or even Skunkworks. I like the Beast of Hammersmith live disc, now that's some great live Bruce.
I have to respectfully disagree with you re: DoD not comparing. It's a well strong album, one of my favorites, and yes, this includes ALL their classics. FYI, I also consider Chemical Wedding to be a great, great album.

But beyond that, I have access to nearly 30 Dianno-era bootlegs, of varying quality, so if there's any one in particular you're interested in, let me know, and I can have it for you fairly soon. Though this reminds me that I'm slacking in getting NAD and Erik bootlegs of their own (Primus and Testament, respectively). :)

yea i knew it wasn't from '79 simply because of the tracklisting so i don't know why they didn't just say '81? so let me get this right, the supposed boot japan recording actually was from a London show? hmm... dammit.. let me listen to my Maiden Japan EP and do a couple comparisons of my own...