Agalloch fanboy alert!

Demilich

Remember
Apr 24, 2003
Toronto, Canada
Erik knows this already, but anyone else:

AGALLOCH - Limited Edition Pale Folklore Wooden Jacket LP Set To Be Sold At Day Of The Equinox

The specs for this edition go as follows:

- Wooden jackets are made of fresh fine pine wood

- 30 Wooden jackets are personally stained with Olde Maple Gloss (for a more terse, coarse, and edgier texture - in look and feel)

- The other 30 will be personally stained with traditional Classic Oak Gloss

- The Pale Folklore insignia laser-etched in lavish Fette Fraktur font on the front of the wooden case

- Double LP will be presented in a limited white vinyl with a wintery-blue splatter (as opposed to the regular blue vinyl in which the LP will be released as on it's scheduled release date in early November)

- This limited edition set will include six original and authentically developed photo prints chosen by John Haughm himself. Each photo will represent a song on the album, will be personally labeled, and will be paired up in two's and presented in different print sizes (5 x 7, 4 x 6, and 4 x 12 panoramic format)

These wooden box sets will initially be sold during the course of the evening at the Day Of The Equinox show in Toronto, scheduled for October 14th.

Pics, etc: http://www.profoundlorerecords.com/blog/index.php

I already decided I'm NOT getting one as it's too expensive and fuck that, lol.

BUT BUT, they'll be there and I could get them to sign it and then eGay it for like ONE HUNDRED BILLION DOLLARS MWHAHAHAHAHHAAH

edit:
Tranquillian said:
Can someone buy one for me if I paypal them the money?

That guy who talks sometimes is buying one for Erik, why not get him to nab you one and mail them over at once?

also, edit:
uhhh.. my mind's giving me a blank on that guy's name. the guy who likes Ulver a lot, and Arcturus, and..hmm..Slough Feg.

this was completely thought up by Chris Bruni of Profound Lore, I believe. i don't think the Agalloch boys had much to do with it at all, other than "hehe, wood. we like wood"

so if a label repackages a band's work in a cool, elaborate package (and I've got no problem with that), does the band still only get the percentage they got from the original, or do they get cut in for a higher percentage?

just curious. cause otherwise, the label is making many times the profit and not the band, simply because of the loyalty of the fans.

You'd hope it'd be the same percentage rate(or higher cause its a limited edition)... but they'd still get more from it because of its higher value. i dunno.

dudes there are 60 of these being released, even with 100% profit it isn't a lot of money. :lol:

This is something that I have been conspiring with John Haughm for quite some time, and finally, when I found the means to do it (like a carpenter to build these things), then it was all a go. But then I decided that this had to come with extras like the six photos to each represent a song (which are absolutely gorgeous), the stain (because I just didn't want to present this as regular uh... wood), the special coloured vinyl, and of course, finding a place to actually laser-engrave "Pale Folklore" in the specific font that Haughm requested... It was quite a stressful, exhausting (to stain 60 of these is quite a task), but totally worthwhile venture to do this project and see it come to fruition...

And the band (and a few others) do get their complimentary copies of course...

And, well there is barely any profit to be made from this project when you do all the number crunching etc... just drawing even most likely...