Agalloch on Vinyl

Doom

Jul 4, 2002
England
http://www.profoundlorerecords.com/main.html

The Mantle double LP (mid March)

agalloch_cover.jpg

Production is well underway in preparation for AGALLOCH’S masterpiece The Mantle, finally getting the vinyl treatment. Said project being done in accordance with Infinite Vinyl Series, and Prophecy Productions sub-label Grau who will handle this release in Europe. To be limited to 500 copies, with exclusive artwork, designed inner sleeves, and presented in grey vinyl.

And Pale Folklore should be coming at a later date too. I've been hoping someone would release their two full-lengths on vinyl for ages, so this is great. I like the cover art too. With time I've realised Pale Folklore is far superior to The Mantle, but TM is still pretty fantastic, so I'll definitely be picking up a copy.

What the fuck? 500 copies? Totally ridiculous, it is going to sell out in one day. Agalloch should realize that they have a lot of fans, and all this limited stuff is getting frustrating.

I might try to grab a copy, but i ain't gonna stress over it.

I'm still waiting for them to release their EPs and demo on CD.

Yeah, definitely. From Which this Oak (I think thats what its called) and Of Stone, Win, and Pillor (I think again) are genius releases. It's not hard to find mp3s of the demo, so for anyone who hasn't heard it- I reccomend you get the files. It's more agressive than the other releases, "The Wilderness" is simply cream-your-pants awesome.

I'd like to get The Mantle and maybe Pale Folklore, depending on how much these are going for.

well, I'll TRY to get a copy for myself if they offer a preorder, but this shit is going to fly fast.

The whole concept of making "uberkvlt limited to 333/500/666/888/1000 (circle one) copies" has started really piss me off lately.

Marksveld said:
What the fuck? 500 copies? Totally ridiculous, it is going to sell out in one day. Agalloch should realize that they have a lot of fans, and all this limited stuff is getting frustrating.

It might sell out, but not in a day. No Agalloch limited release has sold out in any hurry (surprisingly enough).

Too be honest, Jay, I wouldn't be surprised if it did. Just I remember the shock of when I found out that all 1000 copies of the Xasthur/Leviathan split sold out in less than 24 hours. = WTF.

But now there's only 999 copies, right Matt? :)

Well, the presumption is, people buying Agalloch vinyl *probably* already own it on CD. Their EPs were unique releases and they didn't sell in any hurry...I dunno.

Hm.. only time will tell. I will certainly be pissed if I go to get one 10 hours after its official release and they are gone, though.

Seriously. You just completely bitchslapped your own business partner. Wait, I mean ZING!