Jesus is his Savior

my brother still has my stryper tape he stole from me when i was a baby *shakes her fist* :bah:

...what? its only a matter of principle

KILL TULLY said:
777, hahaha. But they can only hope to be as gay as http://www.metal-archives.com/band.php?id=3048

I don't get why christians can't just leave Black Metal alone at LEAST...I meen they even try to justify using blood, corpse paint, violent music, etc etc etc.

To me it doesn't make sense...its not a christian art...it just ISN'T.

Attention-seekers.

Hellhammer from Mayhem drummed for them? o_O don't make me burn my Mayhem CD-Rs :Spin:

Yea exactly...i still want Hellhammer to say somthing abou his Antestor thing. Probobly he doesn't care about ideology and stuff...but still its fucking lame (or maybe just weird) of him.

THis thread has just relocated to the land of hypocrisy. Put all religious (if any) aside and think here. Attention-seekers? 'Cause all that shit that went down in Norway wasn't to garner attention?

Christians using black metal image? OH NOES! 'Cause black metal bands would never, ever use Christian symbols and figures on cover art and in their lyrics to gain attention or for pure shock value. Nope, they'd never do a thing like that. Right, and Darkthrone sing about cute puppies.

J. said:
THis thread has just relocated to the land of hypocrisy. Put all religious (if any) aside and think here. Attention-seekers? 'Cause all that shit that went down in Norway wasn't to garner attention?

Christians using black metal image? OH NOES! 'Cause black metal bands would never, ever use Christian symbols and figures on cover art and in their lyrics to gain attention or for pure shock value. Nope, they'd never do a thing like that. Right, and Darkthrone sing about cute puppies.

Uhm, it's a pretty big difference using a symbol (that is more or less oppsoed to your worldview) as a positive attribute than a negative.

But I can only agree that a lot of the christan symbols are used for shock value, but that's beside the point.

One Inch Man said:
No idea they had that many albums. I stopped after the 4th, but only went that far for teenage reminiscence. I give the first album a spin every couple of years, and that's good enough for me.
People like myself couldn't give a flying fuck about idealogy behind music, so there you go.

^ I've gotta agree with that. I don't care about a band's ideologies as long as their music is good. :Smug:

J. said:

Burning down churches is a good thing :) no point in trying to stick up for people who never grew balls to question what they were told in primary school. Simple as that.

I'm pretty anti-christian, but in no way shape or form to I agree with church burnings. Some small town in the middle of nowhere with a 30 member congregation wants to read the bible once a week in their 200 year old building? LEAVE THEM BE.

You want to burn something? Burn the Vatican. Please.

Ayeka said:
Burning down churches is a good thing :) no point in trying to stick up for people who never grew balls to question what they were told in primary school. Simple as that.

Yeah, it makes more sense to stick up for cowards and murderers who burn down old buildings during the pitch black night for no other reason than teen angst and then claim it to be "for our people". :rolleyes:

That Mayhem article from a couple of days ago said Hellhammer and Necrobutcher appreciate the beauty of churches and were never for the churchburnings at all. And that they used that church on the cover of DMDS because they thought it was impressive-lookin'.

Maybe Hellhammer did session work for Antestor because isn't a bigot, but a musician? I'm not fer it or agin it, just hypothesising.

I don't know what J.'s views are, but he and the One Incher have successfully pwned all opposition. Cheers!

Fuck Korn. Johnathan Davis is a whinning bitch who has spent over ten years writing the same lyrics over and over about his disgusting horrible child hood. Get a therapist and shut the fuck up.

hm, i dunno, myself i do like a band to have some ideology...well at least black metal bands. I think you can tell when somone is genuine about there "image" or watever, adn when somones just using it as ONLY an image (because of course its always partly image). I feel the music is stronger when the person REALLY REALLY means it...thats one of the things that drew me to black metal in the first place.

anonymousnick2001 said:
I don't know what J.'s views are, but he and the One Incher have successfully pwned all opposition. Cheers!
Don't confuse my fight for absolute freedom as defense of christianity. :loco:

Free speech is vastly overrated sometimes :loco:

J. said:
Yeah, it makes more sense to stick up for cowards and murderers who burn down old buildings during the pitch black night for no other reason than teen angst and then claim it to be "for our people". :rolleyes:

Yup, it does. Rather them than the cowards who seem to be expecting the world to bend over backwards to accomadating their 'faith'. If these people worshipped pink furry monkeys from the dark side of Venus would you be so accomadating for them? Same principle applies...God doesn't exist, get over it and move on :loco:

(I know full well this amounts to little more than trolling...but who cares? it's just stating the obvious anyway :loco: )

anonymousnick2001 said:
yes. defending someone's freedom is not endorsing their beliefs.

Ayeka said:
If these people worshipped pink furry monkeys from the dark side of Venus would you be so accomadating for them? Same principle applies...God doesn't exist, get over it and move on
look ayeka, if you're dead keen on pink furry monkeys that's okay, just stop trying to push it on me via your incessant PMs!!!! :lol:

I wasn't necessarily defending their beliefs in God, but their freedom to do so. Seriously, why do people care so much what people believe in worship? If people choose to worship pink furry monkeys from Venus, why should you care? Because they do this, does that mean you should go around burning down their Pink Temples?

You are doing nothing but defending vandals, who in recent years, have said that burning down those churches was pure stupidity.