Joe Satriani - Summer Song Cover (HQ Video Content)

kev

Im guybrush threepwood
Jun 16, 2004
Bristol, United Kingdom
www.myspace.com
Hey Fellas,

Just finished having some fun on the guitar with Satriani's "Summer Song".

Good to have time to do another video actually! Solo section is particularly good fun :headbang:

Hope you enjoy it! :cool:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXz5SJdEBnA&fmt=22[/ame]

Sounds great man, love the tone especially; what'd you use? I do have to be honest though; I feel like your vibrato could use a bit more control, it's got a bit of the Alex Lifeson "buzzing bee" thing going on now, but otherwise, great control, and I love the little whammy-isms and such! Great harmonics (both pinch and natural) too! :headbang:

I'm always amazed by your playing mate!

haha, cheers Mao!

you gotta still record for me "crying" by satch!!!!!

... and yes, I did do half of it one time, I should try and dig it out bud!

:headbang:

Sounds great man, love the tone especially; what'd you use? I do have to be honest though; I feel like your vibrato could use a bit more control, it's got a bit of the Alex Lifeson "buzzing bee" thing going on now, but otherwise, great control, and I love the little whammy-isms and such! Great harmonics (both pinch and natural) too! :headbang:

Cheers dude, I also agree on the vibrato ( i felt it happen when i was doing the video)- I think its because im still a bit camera shy (especially when its someone else doing the filiming, I dont fell quite so "at home"), and dont flow quite so well when the red light kicks in! The guitar is the overloud th1 demo which i am loving!

Nice work Kev!!! Except for the vibrato thing that Marcus mentioned, this is really, really fantastic. And oh...do I know the "red light syndrome" so very, very well. :lol:

fuckin hell Kev!!

Perfect execution man, im proud... nice pinch harmonics and great control.
What is this song from again? i remember playing a nascar game on the PSX or PS2 back in the day and hearing some satriani tracks, im pretty sure this was on it as well, and it was my favorite.

I'm impressed man, really cool playing and you don't seem like straining at all ! Good job !

Thanks for the kind comments akara!

No kidding! It's bastards like you (and Dimi) that sometimes make me just want to throw away my guitars! :mad: (joking!!) :lol: :worship:

lmao! Dimi has that effect Mark :Smokin: Still, always new techniques to learn and more money to be spent on gear hahaha :ill:

fuckin hell Kev!!

Perfect execution man, im proud... nice pinch harmonics and great control.
What is this song from again? i remember playing a nascar game on the PSX or PS2 back in the day and hearing some satriani tracks, im pretty sure this was on it as well, and it was my favorite.

Dank u wel Bob! :lol: Now I think it was on some nascar, and was definitely on the original PSX formula 1 grand prix. Man that game kicked ass. Juice was on there as well by steve vai, and I vividly remember hearing them for the first time and my ears creamed themselvers ya know, all over my control pad!

haha, cheers Mao!
... and yes, I did do half of it one time, I should try and dig it out bud!

Well Kev now tell me that crying is an easy song lol, that's difficult, isn't it?
I think Crying is really difficult with all those bends, you gotta be "careful".
Of course the feeling on the instrument is important too, that song is about passion.
Remember my version? Now, months later, I think it sucks, I'm always ahead of the beat and the bendings are not that great.
Keep on rocking my dear Kev ;)