Joey Belladonna is playing with an Anthrax tribute band

Vic Rattlehead

Bonded By Blood
Jun 15, 2003
Chicago
Visit site
Hey, I'm from the Megadeth board. Anyway, Joey Belladonna is doing a tour with the Chicago Anthrax tribute band Among the Living. They played a show last night and played:

Among the Living
Caught in a Mosh
I am the Law
Efilnikufesin (NFL)
Armed and Dangerous
Metal Thrashing Mad
In My Family
A.I.R.
Madhouse
Medusa
Got the Time
Antisocial
Keep it in the Family

He can't hit the very high notes that well anymore, but he can still do the Medusa screams, and thats all that matters.

I think that's pretty cool though, you can see the actual Anthrax with all the good new stuff, and if possibly you can see Joey and Among the Living doing the good old stuff. Unfortunately I didn't know about that concert until today, but he will be back in Chicago in the fall. JoeyBelladonna.com has the tour schedule for anyone interested.

Well Among the Living was around before Joey decided to take them on tour. I'm not sure if they did play any Bush era stuff but I really don't think that they would do any with Joey now.

I also forgot to mention that they also played Indians. Although Joey didn't have the headress.

You all slag the poor guy but when he fronted Thrax, you all thought he was a great singer. Yes, yes, yes. Bush rules, we can go past that now ok? I STILL dig the Belladonna era Thrax versus Bush although WCFYA has yet to leave my CD player. What can I say, just my 2 scents.

Phxthrax said:
You all slag the poor guy but when he fronted Thrax, you all thought he was a great singer. Yes, yes, yes. Bush rules, we can go past that now ok? I STILL dig the Belladonna era Thrax versus Bush although WCFYA has yet to leave my CD player. What can I say, just my 2 scents.

I used to hold that view until the shit he pulled before the Killer A's tour.

Phxthrax said:

The only "scent" I have right now is the fart I just ripped !!!

Actually, I had the same view after the shit he pulled after the Killer A's tour. But after I saw him play to 15 people, I'm sure he realized the mistake he made. Also, I see the shit he pulled as a blessing in disguise. Bush owns. He deserved 100% of the stage time. Come to think of it, a duet would have been gay.

AlexStomp said:
Actually, I had the same view after the shit he pulled after the Killer A's tour. But after I saw him play to 15 people, I'm sure he realized the mistake he made. Also, I see the shit he pulled as a blessing in disguise. Bush owns. He deserved 100% of the stage time. Come to think of it, a duet would have been gay.

Yeah, I was glad he wasn't there. He really fucked things up, but it all worked out.

Actually I've been thinking of emailing Metal Sludge about it, since they seem to do a lot of Anthrax shit anyway.

But he didn't play to 15 people, there were about a hundred or more people. Sure it still wouldn't be the same as if he did do that tour with Anthrax but no way to change that, etc.

I'm going to make sure to go see them when they're back because the guys in Among the Living are pretty good. And the Joey era shit has more like a personal preference thing with me I guess, that's like some of the music I grew up listening with.

he sure did stuff up when that last tour opportunity with anthrax came up however if for some reason the idea did come up again and joey was given a second chance i bet all of u would be stoked,i couldnt think of anything better than for an anthrax fan to witness both sides of the band at full throttle in one show!