Joey Sturgis' Rack

Status
Not open for further replies.
brian hood recorded with him in mychildren mybride...and he actually responds when you ask him questions :p

If you asked him he could probably tell you what joey used for those recordings.

www.myspace.com/foundationrecording

haha i didnt know a single thing about gear or recording engineering back then when we recorded with him, so i couldn't tell you what he had.
Besides, we recorded in september of 2007, so i'm sure he's upgraded his gear considerably since then.

I will tell you that it's probably not nearly as much gear as you would think by the quality of his recordings, though. It's amazing how much you can do by simply working ITB

haha i didnt know a single thing about gear or recording engineering back then when we recorded with him, so i couldn't tell you what he had.
Besides, we recorded in september of 2007, so i'm sure he's upgraded his gear considerably since then.

I will tell you that it's probably not nearly as much gear as you would think by the quality of his recordings, though. It's amazing how much you can do by simply working ITB

itb?

http://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/ITB

I hope its not in the butt

Seriously, Joey has posted it so many times, so it's no wonder he doesn't respond - people need to realize the dude DEFINES making a lot with a little, it's all plugins ITB (that's "In the Box", Max, get with it :D) and before anyone asks what plugins it really doesn't matter, cuz it's in the hands of the guy tweaking 'em; stop idolizing (and nagging) and start practicing!

not trying to cause shit here at all, but thats why i asked. i didnt know, so i asked. thats the point of a forum, yes? i googled his name and not much came of it, so i asked :p

yes, ive heard of prada ect ect, but im trying to avoid those 'scene-esque' bands. looks like a shit hot guitarist though and his tracks sound awsome!

not trying to cause shit here at all, but thats why i asked. i didnt know, so i asked. thats the point of a forum, yes? i googled his name and not much came of it, so i asked :p

yes, ive heard of prada ect ect, but im trying to avoid those 'scene-esque' bands. looks like a shit hot guitarist though and his tracks sound awsome!

No worries. I had no clue who he was either, other than knowing this thread was about the dude on this forum whose username includes "joey".

Regardless, I haven't heard any of his work. That's not my "scene," either.

if you google my name "joey sturgis"

you'll get a shit ton of results, so i don't know what you're talking about there...

at any rate

my rack:
central station
rme 800
mackie onyx 800
pod xt (but i use pod farm)
monster power

thats it =]

get the vibe, get the performance, do the edits...
mix with experience, and listen to everyone who has anything to say about what you're doing, no matter how dumb it seems.
even if the bass player says turn the bass up and the drummer says turn the drums up, there's a reason its being said besides liking their own instrument.
these are the things that make up what it takes to rock, not the gear!

in the box is way more plausible to get good results for up and coming chiefs. dont fret with outboard gear. if you've got it, utilize it. if you dont, figure out how to get there without it.

apples and oranges

Seriously, Joey has posted it so many times, so it's no wonder he doesn't respond - people need to realize the dude DEFINES making a lot with a little, it's all plugins ITB (that's "In the Box", Max, get with it :D) and before anyone asks what plugins it really doesn't matter, cuz it's in the hands of the guy tweaking 'em; stop idolizing (and nagging) and start practicing!

well said, thanks.

this video is so old, its pretty much completely irrelevant.

i can't spell and dont care.

I've noticed that every time you say that you "can't spell and your don't care", you never actually spell anything wrong:lol:

you need more confidence in your ability to spell(or at least watch for words that are underlined red when you type them in the box haha)

Joeys rack is ssssooooo HOT
chest.jpg

Yeah, FTR, unfortunately, I don't think Joey has produced a single band that doesn't make me gag, but still, when listening to clips that he or other people post, I can't help but dig it simply because of the production! (e.g. the epic snare reverb in that Oceano single :D)

Yeah, FTR, unfortunately, I don't think Joey has produced a single band that doesn't make me gag, but still, when listening to clips that he or other people post, I can't help but dig it simply because of the production! (e.g. the epic snare reverb in that Oceano single :D)

+1 all these bands suck but I bought half of them anyways just because the production makes the albums really enjoyable to listen to. Joey is the most important members in all of these bands :lol:

I crank the new Prada still all the time and the Miss May I has been on serious rotation today. I'm thinking about buying a damn Pod XT because of this dude! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.