Joey Sturgis style drum samples?

I think he is overrated personally, but he is good, or he wouldn't be as successful. I do in fact like his work, it's just he thinks he's better than he really is.

Are you fucking joking?
Have you ever talked to him?
I dont think he is like this at all

Maybe you're talking about him defending his mixes because everyone likes to bash the pod/slate combo and he doesnt let others bring him down by saying his mix is bad, but hes not a hot headed asshole like you're making him out to be.

Im not trying to be that "JS fanboy want presetz and clone mixes" kid who tries to tell everyone that his mixes are golden. Sure, you're entitled to your opinions about his mixes and whatnot but I dont think its right to say "he thinks he's better than he really is" because thats not like him at all.

I'm sure I will get flamed for this because its not like me to hop in a JS thread and defend him. Im just as sick of these threads as everyone else (see the doc js drum thread) but I felt the need to correct this statement because thats not Joey at all. I can go into WAY more detail but I know no one wants to hear that I dont really feel the need to dive into something like that.

/rant

Thanks guys <3

Marcolin.jpeg

sorry Munson, you are right, I haven't really talked to him just read stuff and thats the impression I got, could be wrong though bro.

sorry Munson, you are right, I haven't really talked to him just read stuff and thats the impression I got, could be wrong though bro.

Seriously though, Joey is a pretty humble guy nowadays. Granted when he first came to this forum he was a total cock bag, but he grew up and now he has realized that hes just like the rest of us.

His mixes sound great for what they are, but this kids got it all wrong. He doesnt realize that Joey was recording on a fairly expensive recording rig with quality monitors and quality plugins.

The big mis-conceptions that these kids have is that they buy a pod and some drum samples and get a product like Joey does ... which we all know is 100000000000000000% false.

Its more then just plugins and samples.