Joey's Tone (New Mix/Song!)

Really like the songwriting! Are you planning on making vocals to it? The mix isn't bad either, think you could scoop the mids on the kick some more though. What snare samples did you use?

Sounds like the processed WIM snare. The song is cool, I don't really like the guitar tone - it's ok but a little scooped and cold for my liking. All in all it sounds good though

Fuck, i would almost pay someone to show me how to make the unprocessed WIM snare to sound like the processed one. Sounds like Chango blended another snare but that would be false marketing imo. The only complain i have about the songwriting is that it may be a bit long. 6 minutes is long but with vocals it may be cool.

Yes I know. The unprocessed snare needs a TON of work to get it to sound like the processed one, to be honest I have no idea where to even start on how he got it to sound so different. And yeah, I almost cut the last chorus off and ended with a breakdown but I wanted it to end on a melodic note so I kept the end. It fills in the 6 mins somewhat decent imo and with vocals will be way better!

Fuck, i would almost pay someone to show me how to make the unprocessed WIM snare to sound like the processed one.

Use EQ, NLS and compressor to bring the tail up. Basically, make the tail as loud as the attack! You have to send the room sound and dry snare through the same compressor. For example here is something I did, this is snare 22 SSD (0dB) with like (-23dB) FOP:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/109965412/SNR_Comp_Eg.wav

The processed WIM actually is a pretty shitty sounding kit, don't get me wrong the snare is cool (Sounds like FOP and snare 10 with a crap load of 200Hz and compressed to F%$k) but anyone else notice that the toms are just different 808 hits with the original attack blended in? Still, it sounds good in the mix!