John Petrucci - Mark V demo

Wow, while every other aspect of his rhythm tone was on point, did anyone else think that it was woofy as all hell on the bottom end, especially when he started chunkin' 'Pull Me Under' (only down to Eb nonetheless)? :zombie:

Wow, while every other aspect of his rhythm tone was on point, did anyone else think that it was woofy as all hell on the bottom end, especially when he started chunkin' 'Pull Me Under' (only down to Eb nonetheless)? :zombie:

Everyone has its own taste for the sound and John's tone in this vid is amazing!

I never noticed how much his sound is based on that typical hotrodded Marshall sound
I think it's a lot tighter than a typical hot rodded marshall though (not that I've heard an awful lot of examples but still...). I really like the tone although it has a sort of weird-ish processed quality to it, I still think it works great.

just like anything else in tone a big part of it is how it sounds in the context of the live show and the recorded production/mix...

i've always been a fan of all his album tones. listen to train of thought (rectos) that album rips.