John Petrucci

Speaking Of Petrucci...who here has heard Dream Theater's new single, "Constant Motion?" The solo is insane!

I heard a brief sample clip on YouTube, if that's what you're referring to. Were you fortunate enough to get your paws on the rest of the track...? And if so, who do I have to kill to get you to share it?

EDIT: Psych, just checked the roadrunner site. It is indeed made of win.

the new songs not bad at all! got a lot of thrash in it!
ive always been a dream theater fan, that being said, i can totally understand why ppl hate them.

it's one of the best instrumental albums I have ever heard. sure it's guitar wankery, but if you're into that kind of stuff, then this is the only album you need. screw Malmsteen, Becker, Vai,..... (imo)

basically it has gotten to a point where he's just showing off, and it's not impressive anymore.

basically it has gotten to a point where he's just showing off, and it's not impressive anymore.
it doesn't have to be impressive. I like good songwriting, and I like instrumental metal/guitar albums. that album to me is just very enjoyable...also I don't have to get over cheesy vocals and shitty keyboards to enjoy his music (->DT)

it doesn't have to be impressive. I like good songwriting, and I like instrumental metal/guitar albums. that album to me is just very enjoyable...also I don't have to get over cheesy vocals and shitty keyboards to enjoy his music (->DT)

"Shitty keyboards" insamuch as all keyboards are kinda annoying. Ruddess is good. And deep down, in my heart of hearts... I love LaBrie :p

that's exactly my point. he competely lacks songwriting. the only thing he has going for him is his wankery, which is just not impressive. mkay.