join the RC discord server

einride

your best friend
Feb 29, 2008
you know what, sometimes u just need to stop talking and git r dun

1. help i'm old what the fuck is discord?

discord is a text and voice chat application originally for gamers mostly but now used by pretty much everyone. it's kind of like IRC but persistent by default (so you see the entire history of everything no matter when and where you login) and with multimedia shit like emoji and pictures and youtube links and blah blah.

it's not threaded like a forum but it has different channels for different topics. tell me what channels u want.

there are apps for ios and android and windows and mac and linux so you can use it everywhere. here it is: https://discord.com/

i already use it for some shits and it's been brought up that maybe we should have an rc discord so let's try it. if it's a ghost town then at least we tried eh

2. when you've downloaded the app, here is the invite for the rc server: https://discord.gg/BJZAkzCu if any randos get in i'll ban their ass real quick like.

3. i tried to find the old raven logo for the server image but i couldn't so i had to redraw it. i think i got it mostly right.
zj1PKgX.png

4. again, this is not supposed to be a replacement for the forums but a complement. try it if u want. i'll be in there idling. peace.

you know what, sometimes u just need to stop talking and git r dun

1. help i'm old what the fuck is discord?

discord is a text and voice chat application originally for gamers mostly but now used by pretty much everyone. it's kind of like IRC but persistent by default (so you see the entire history of everything no matter when and where you login) and with multimedia shit like emoji and pictures and youtube links and blah blah.

it's not threaded like a forum but it has different channels for different topics. tell me what channels u want.

there are apps for ios and android and windows and mac and linux so you can use it everywhere. here it is: https://discord.com/

i already use it for some shits and it's been brought up that maybe we should have an rc discord so let's try it. if it's a ghost town then at least we tried eh

2. when you've downloaded the app, here is the invite for the rc server: https://discord.gg/BJZAkzCu if any randos get in i'll ban their ass real quick like.

3. i tried to find the old raven logo for the server image but i couldn't so i had to redraw it. i think i got it mostly right.
zj1PKgX.png

4. again, this is not supposed to be a replacement for the forums but a complement. try it if u want. i'll be in there idling. peace.

You lost me at "it's kind of like IRC"

Super cool paint job dude

Reactions: einride
raise your hand if you remember irc.mahke.net #ultimatemetal

*raises hand*

ok boomers, y'all need to get the fuck in. forums are yesterday's news, get with the fucking program. join me and swizzlenuts and talk about pastrami.

Reactions: swizzlenuts
i think it's pretty funny that people are like "lol fuckin millennial teenage kids"

we're all like 30+

we're far more likely to know how to program a VCR than how to work discord

Reactions: Krilons Resa
its all relative. i mean i could say that if the world suddenly had to use cursive, rotary phones and stick shifts, the young generations wouldnt know how to function.

just the same, i dont use discord (though Im positive it would be easy to learn, but i just dont care) and had to ask my kids what the hell "sus" meant on youtube.

Think its short for "suspect," in regards to one's sexuality. PC speak for calling someone a fruit. I use it from time to time when Im choosing to be inoffensive.

Also can be used towards people of compromised character. Two faced fooqs and the like.

Unless we're talking about something completely different.

im pretty sure none of the above is true and it gained popularity with the recent popularity of smash hit social deduction game "among us" in which you cooperate to find out who is, as it were, sus