Jaded

There was nothing...
Jul 26, 2003
New York, NY
www.smnnews.com
www.SMNnews.com

Confirmed dates are as follows:

September 9 – Cleveland, OH @ House of Blues (World Series of Metal) w/ THERION
September 10 - Chicago, IL @ Mr. Kelly's Music Club (without JON OLIVA'S PAIN)
September 11 - Toronto, ON @ The Opera House
September 13 - Montreal, QC @ Electrocuse
September 15 - Springfield, VA @ Jaxx
September 16 – Brooklyn, NY @ The Brooklyn Music Terminal (formerly L'Amour)
September 23 - St. Petersburg, FL @ Jannus Landing

More dates will be announced shortly.

I don't know what to say about this, I ordered Faces and Warped a few weeks ago and have been listening to them steadily for about a week or so.

I was really expecting that someone who played a part in the evolution of Savatage and the birth of TSO would present something along those same lines- something wonderful, majestic and beautiful.

Instead, I was met with a barrage of bitterness, rage and anger.

The vocals are like getting hit in the head with a hammer, just screaming and ugliness and the guitar solos are furious- but without any of the sweetness that Al Pitrelli displays in TSO.

From listening to this, it's hard to believe Chris had anything to do with the last 3 Savatage CDs or TSO.

I just can't understand why someone with this much talent would try so hard to distance himself from what he is so popular for.

I almost cried when I heard this, it's not at all what I wanted from Chris and it makes no sense to me.

I'm going to try to give this a few more listens, there are some soft spots on Faces- Music Man and Bag of Bones but there are absolutely none on Warped.

I just can't help thinking, why? It doesn't sound like Savatage or TSO, it doesn't even sound like anything else out there right now. I couldn't even put it in any one category. I am so upset right now.

http://www.smnnews.com/index.php?subaction=showcomments&id=1125157971&archive=&start_from=&ucat=&

BEYOND FEAR, featuring current ICED EARTH and former JUDAS PRIEST vocalist Tim "Ripper" Owens, will be entering an Ohio studio on Monday to begin recording their debut album for SPV Records, tentatively due in early 2006.

Ripper states: "We start with drums and bass on August 29th then get ready for the short tour with JON OLIVA'S PAIN and SAVATAGE axeman Chris Caffery, then we go to Mexico for a few shows, then we finish the CD,"

Jaded said:
http://www.smnnews.com/index.php?subaction=showcomments&id=1125157971&archive=&start_from=&ucat=&

BEYOND FEAR, featuring current ICED EARTH and former JUDAS PRIEST vocalist Tim "Ripper" Owens, will be entering an Ohio studio on Monday to begin recording their debut album for SPV Records, tentatively due in early 2006.

Ripper states: "We start with drums and bass on August 29th then get ready for the short tour with JON OLIVA'S PAIN and SAVATAGE axeman Chris Caffery, then we go to Mexico for a few shows, then we finish the CD,"

I saw Beyond Fear live at their very first show at the Odeon in May. I got their setlist. They were pretty cool! Of course, they were a very fresh band at the time, and still needed to tighten up, but doesn't any new band need to do that? I look forward to seeing them again. \m/

I'm definitely getting excited about this, starting to pack my bags already!

Looking forward to the break from my house and kids, can't wait for the show and visiting the Rock Hall of Fame!

Anyone else going?