Jon Oliva's Pain

mrfluffy

Bass Tech
Jul 19, 2003
Florida
www.jonoliva.net
JOP kicks off the US tour on Saturday May 21st
Saturday, March 12 2005

Bourbon Street Nightclub on US 19 in New Port Richey will play host to the official kick-off of the US tour/ CD release party for the U.S.

This is just the first show of a growing itineray for North America. The tour package is coming together and we hope to announce more dates in the coming weeks.

Bourbon Street is a Class A venue with a capacity of 700. This is definately one of the nicest Live clubs in Florida. Tickets will be just $10.00 in advance and $15.00 day of show. You can go to http://www.clubbourbonstreet.com for advance ticket information. No service charge will be added to advance tickets.

Cd's, posters and additional merchandise will be on sale at the show, so if you haven't got your copy of 'Tage Mahal yet, this will be your chance!

Show up and get ready to throw down with the Mountain King and JOP!

Also, we have added another European date as JOP will headline The Scream Magazine 15th Anniversary Festival in Oslo, Norway on Saturday October 1st. More European shows will be added soon and we will keep you informed!

This is great news, seeing as I live only a couple miles from that club! I have been wondering why they don't get more national acts there because it really has a nice stage set-up and holds a decent amount of people. I can't wait for this show! :D :D :D

I'm there! It'll be my first trip to Bourbon Street, but I've heard good things about it. I agree with SavaRon, they should get more national acts in there.

The album slays. I wish I had paid more attention to them at ProgPower. I'm a longtime Savatage fan, but JOP just happened to open up with the three lamest songs on the album (IMO), which made me lose interest in their performance. I hope they come to Cleveland, so I can see them again.

The album is amazing

mrfluffy said:
JOP kicks off the US tour on Saturday May 21st
Saturday, March 12 2005

Bourbon Street Nightclub on US 19 in New Port Richey will play host to the official kick-off of the US tour/ CD release party for the U.S.

This is just the first show of a growing itineray for North America. The tour package is coming together and we hope to announce more dates in the coming weeks.

Bourbon Street is a Class A venue with a capacity of 700. This is definately one of the nicest Live clubs in Florida. Tickets will be just $10.00 in advance and $15.00 day of show. You can go to http://www.clubbourbonstreet.com for advance ticket information. No service charge will be added to advance tickets.

Cd's, posters and additional merchandise will be on sale at the show, so if you haven't got your copy of 'Tage Mahal yet, this will be your chance!

Show up and get ready to throw down with the Mountain King and JOP!

Also, we have added another European date as JOP will headline The Scream Magazine 15th Anniversary Festival in Oslo, Norway on Saturday October 1st. More European shows will be added soon and we will keep you informed!

Sav is by far my favorite band, but I've long been saying that Oliva lost his voice and couldn't sing like the old Jon. This album, along with the unbelievable performance at PPV, reaffirmed my faith! JOP put out a great record. I agree with Silent Song that it (along with CIIC, and Chris Caffrey too) is a great Savatage substitute until the real thing comes along (supposedly in 2006).

Steve in Philly

DarkOne said:
Sav is by far my favorite band, but I've long been saying that Oliva lost his voice and couldn't sing like the old Jon. This album, along with the unbelievable performance at PPV, reaffirmed my faith! JOP put out a great record. I agree with Silent Song that it (along with CIIC, and Chris Caffrey too) is a great Savatage substitute until the real thing comes along (supposedly in 2006).

I like this CD a lot, too, and we've been playing some tracks on WREKage as well. It's like an "emergency backup" Savatage while we wait, increasingly impatiently, for the real thing. :)

The album is "Meh" at best. Jon & Chris should have combined forces & put out an ass kicking Dr Butcher album, instead of putting out 2 individual mediocre albums....

" I hate, you hate, we all HATE "

We are putting the finishing touches on the complete package for this tour!

Could very well be 3 or 4 bands and we will surely hit every hot spot in the US. from FL to Cali.

Much more info on dates will be coming very soon!

Look for the JOP and Company freight train running through a town near you!

Thanks for the support

:headbang: www.jonoliva.net

Hey Creeps, I think your going to be waiting a while if you go this Saturday. It's not until May!!!! :loco: Can't wait to see them. I'm only about 5 minutes away from that place.....sweet! :headbang:

Kong said:
We are putting the finishing touches on the complete package for this tour!

Could very well be 3 or 4 bands and we will surely hit every hot spot in the US. from FL to Cali.

Much more info on dates will be coming very soon!

Look for the JOP and Company freight train running through a town near you!

Thanks for the support

:headbang: www.jonoliva.net

Are these bands playing the first gig or is it going to be more of a warm up show? Any chance one of the bands is Rob Rock's Rage of Creation? I seen them open for Sava at the Green Parrot down in Largo and they were really good. Either way I can't wait to see you guys again! :headbang:

Hay Ron! Until I see a Chicago date listed, could you please have a room ready for me when I come down to feel some PAIN!

I saw JOP a few months ago at Boomerz in St. Pete and they kicked major ass! I hope they have the whole tour package at the show at Bourbon Street.