Jon Oliva's Pain

That's one thing that must be really great about living in Florida. You probably don't get all that many tours coming your way, but you do get all the Sava shows. Must be great!

Steve in Philly

(One of my favorite concerts (not festival) is still Savatage's Wake of Magellen tour, played at the Trocadero in Philly, to about 300 fans)

I love the new Jon Oliva CD! He doesn't disappoint one bit! You people in Florida are killing me! I would have loved to have seen the Chris Oliva 10th Anniversary concert in Tampa! I'm a new fan to Savatage, so I've not seen a full-blown Sava set yet, but I'm patiently waiting here! Did anyone see them play during the Wake of Magellan or Dead Winter Dead Tours?

DarkOne said:
That's one thing that must be really great about living in Florida. You probably don't get all that many tours coming your way, but you do get all the Sava shows. Must be great!

Steve in Philly

(One of my favorite concerts (not festival) is still Savatage's Wake of Magellen tour, played at the Trocadero in Philly, to about 300 fans)

Yeah, it is nice to see them in some of these small bars! You think they would be really big in this area but most people I talk to don't know them or think they haven't done anything since Criss passed away. I've probably seen Savatage more than 20 times over the last 18 years and have never seen a bad show! :headbang:

edgeofthorns said:
I love the new Jon Oliva CD! He doesn't disappoint one bit! You people in Florida are killing me! I would have loved to have seen the Chris Oliva 10th Anniversary concert in Tampa! I'm a new fan to Savatage, so I've not seen a full-blown Sava set yet, but I'm patiently waiting here! Did anyone see them play during the Wake of Magellan or Dead Winter Dead Tours?
I seen them on TWOM tour. I hadn't seen them for about 5 years at that point and they totally blew me away again! That was the first time I saw them do Chance and it was amazing to see live. Jon also pulled his son on stage and ribbed him a little bit for listening to Rap. It was pretty funny! These guys always put on a good show no matter if it's 200 people or 20000. I just hope they will tour again sometime with some new material!!! :D

The Criss memorial show was great as well. They pulled out a lot of classics and Jon sounded great for over 3 hours of singing!

I, too, was @ the Philly/Troc Wake of Magellan show. It was sweet. I was bummed they didn't play Paragons Of Innocence, but seeing all the band sing "The Wake of Magellan" made up for it....

I listened to Wake of Magellan again the other day, and it always brings a smile to my face. Hopefully, they'll release a live DVD with coverage from all over the globe from various tours they've done! I'd love to see old stuff with Criss as well as the current stuff.