Jon Schaffer interview

Nov 12, 2002
www.metalasylum.net
www.thatssometal.com has posted an extensive interview done with Jon Schaffer. Here's an excerpt from it:
TSM: Can you see Demons and Wizards doing a one off show at the ProgPower festival in Atlanta?

JON: I think anything is possible. We did some dates in Europe for the first album and those shows were awesome. If we are going to go through the trouble to do one show then we are going to do more than that. Financially it doesn’t make sense to do one show. If we tour I’m sure will tour the States since we have already done Europe for Demons. We also want to do a live record and I would prefer to record it in the States. I would love to do it in NY they are such a vocal crowd. When we played the NY show last year with Iced Earth I was sick as a fucking dog, I was puking and shitting, I remember running off stage and puking in the middle of the set, HaHa. It was great show I just wish I felt better. New York became a very special place for me when we were here for the Horror Show tour and it was not long after 9/11at the WWF place, and the power of the people singing the national anthem just hit me. It was as powerful an experience as playing in front of 30,000 people.

Read the entire interview here; http://www.thatssometal.com/interviews/schaffer.htm

wayland smithers said:
www.thatssometal.com has posted an extensive interview done with Jon Schaffer. Here's an excerpt from it:
TSM: Can you see Demons and Wizards doing a one off show at the ProgPower festival in Atlanta?

JON: I think anything is possible. We did some dates in Europe for the first album and those shows were awesome. If we are going to go through the trouble to do one show then we are going to do more than that. Financially it doesn’t make sense to do one show. If we tour I’m sure will tour the States since we have already done Europe for Demons. We also want to do a live record and I would prefer to record it in the States. I would love to do it in NY they are such a vocal crowd. When we played the NY show last year with Iced Earth I was sick as a fucking dog, I was puking and shitting, I remember running off stage and puking in the middle of the set, HaHa. It was great show I just wish I felt better. New York became a very special place for me when we were here for the Horror Show tour and it was not long after 9/11at the WWF place, and the power of the people singing the national anthem just hit me. It was as powerful an experience as playing in front of 30,000 people.

Read the entire interview here; http://www.thatssometal.com/interviews/schaffer.htm

I'm new to Iced Earth, but the more I learn about Jon, the more I respect the guy! Alive in Athens is an absolute, phenominal live album! IMO, it's as every bit as good as Maiden's Rock In Rio, and I'm not taking away anything from them. Athens is impressive though!

Alive In Athens dominates over every live metal cd in my opinion. Jon Schaffer is the man, and I hope that they tour sooner than later, Iced Earth or Demons

Great interview. Schaffer is the man and I love the comment the guy on That's so Metal makes about Jon being difficult to work with. Jon is the fucking man and works hard and making his visions reality. Can't wait to see Iced Earth or Demons & Wizards live.