JonnyD's musical adventures!!

JonnyD

Chef Metal
Jun 4, 2002
The Metal Kitchen
www.myspace.com
Between life and work I dont get to post much at all so I hope all my friends that remember me here are doing well!! I just changed jobs as I was layed off, basiclly the same rate of pay with MUCH nicer food on top of that I have been recording some songs and guitar videos(basiclly to keep my sanity) and I just wanted to share ... its all for fun and I have no plans for this to ever be my living just my sanity :saint: please listen and enjoy http://www.reverbnation.com/silentrageofodin :worship:notworthy:worship:

Hey JD, long time indeed without a word from you (we tought a lot about you and missed at PPX). Good to know that you're carry on forward and keeping your sanity the good way, by playing music. I didn't know you also played drums. I tried to listen on the job but the server is so shitty I couldn't stream the songs, I'll do it as soon as I reach home (providing my ISP is not down like yesterday).

P.S. Finally being able to listen to the material. Since I can't even whistle I feel humble listening to a person capable to play three instruments...at the same time I guess because it sounds pretty sloppy :p. Nah, joke apart Silent Rage of Odin sounds to me like progressive instrumental thrash or something like so. I'll say I like it, the atmosphere reminds me of Hexenhaus (my rave at this moment).

I think we all have to give kudos to our own JD for this endeavour :headbang:

Hey JD, long time indeed without a word from you (we tought a lot about you and missed at PPX). Good to know that you're carry on forward and keeping your sanity the good way, by playing music. I didn't know you also played drums. I tried to listen on the job but the server is so shitty I couldn't stream the songs, I'll do it as soon as I reach home (providing my ISP is not down like yesterday).

P.S. Finally being able to listen to the material. Since I can't even whistle I feel humble listening to a person capable to play three instruments...at the same time I guess because it sounds pretty sloppy :p. Nah, joke apart Silent Rage of Odin sounds to me like progressive instrumental thrash or something like so. I'll say I like it, the atmosphere reminds me of Hexenhaus (my rave at this moment).

I think we all have to give kudos to our own JD for this endeavour :headbang:

hahaha You now I missedyou guys as well!!! I am going to try like hell to make it next year *fingers crossed* ... the sloppy thing is a good joke since it is a lil sloppy, I am not much of a producer :puke: Thanks for the listen buddy!! it is just stuff I do for fun I may get around to putting some vocals on some tracks too, gotta get me a new Mic first .... Hexenhaus! interesting comparison!! hadnt thought of that :headbang: Thank you for the kudos and the listen my friend :worship:notworthy:worship:notworthy

About the name ... the project was originally just called Silent Rage a name I got from an old movie from the '40s but I discovered that there already was several bands with that name so I added the Odin ... it was the only thing that sounded cool :)

As soon as I'm home I'll check it, the damn Ministry server fucks the streaming music.

Listening to it as I'm typing. I like the change of pace at 2:06, in general sounds more like a demo without the lead guitar (or it's just me?).

The vibe continues in the vein of the previous material, technical thrash oriented material IMO. Even as a dessert project, have you though on the possibility of composing for another band to play it? I know a guy who wrote lyrics for bands to put on their music, why not writing music for some people to put lyrics on it? As long as you get the credit and royalties...just a thought.

Listening to it as I'm typing. I like the change of pace at 2:06, in general sounds more like a demo without the lead guitar (or it's just me?).
Thats pretty much exactly what it is ... I have tried to do little bits of leads here and there but it sounded stupid so I scrapped em, I am a bass player by nature and love good heavy rhythm, I am not really much of a lead player :saint:

The vibe continues in the vein of the previous material, technical thrash oriented material IMO. Even as a dessert project, have you though on the possibility of composing for another band to play it? I know a guy who wrote lyrics for bands to put on their music, why not writing music for some people to put lyrics on it? As long as you get the credit and royalties...just a thought.

I have thought about that and if someone approached me about it I wouldnt be totally against it, but I do hope to eventually find some ppl to to play guitars, drums and Vox ... problem I have abit of a Shaffer complex ... basiclly meaning I want it to sound like it is in my head and dont particularly want somebody to change and rearrange what I am trying to do, finding ppl to adhere to my vision has proven to be a challenge ... Thanks Rolando for the listen, you are a great man!! :headbang::worship:rock::worship:rock::worship: