Jorn quits Masterplan

ragingsaxmachine

Blue Bomber
Feb 28, 2005
Houston
I get the distinct feeling this guy, albeit talented, is a bitch to work with.

Melodic metallers MASTERPLAN have parted ways with vocalist Jorn Lande (ex-YNGWIE MALMSTEEN/ARK) due to "musical differences." During the songwriting process for the band's third album, it became increasingly apparent that the members of the group had different visions and plans for the band's musical direction. While Jorn wanted MASTERPLAN to follow a more melodic path, the rest of the band wanted to return to the metallic roots of their debut album.

Commented drummer Uli Kusch (ex-HELLOWEEN): "We are not really happy about Jorn's decision [to leave the band], but on the other side it doesn't make sense to continue if the ideas are that different. The music would suffer from it and the music is why we are doing it. We wish Jorn a successful future and want to thank him for everything he did for us. It was a great and interesting time!"

The band are currently searching for a new singer. "There are already some possibilities that might be interesting for us, but nothing is decided yet," Uli explained. "We hope that we can already present the new singer on the gigs we are [confirmed to play later in the] year. And for sure there won't be any changes in the musical style of MASTERPLAN. We are currently working on the songs."

MASTERPLAN's sophomore full-length album, "Aeronautics", came out in January 2005 via AFM Records. Lande released his fourth solo album, "The Duke", earlier in the year through AFM. The CD, which entered the Norwegian national album at position No. 54, was produced by Lande and PAGAN'S MIND guitarist Jörn Viggo Lofstad, and was mixed at Jailhouse Studios in Denmark by Tommy Hansen.

source: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=52046

Curufin said:
Ark reunion time!

In other news, Olaf Hayer (ex-Luca Turilli) is now searching for a new band, preferrably with Germans who used to be in another very famous German metal band.

What do you mean by ex-Luca Turilli? He doesn't sing on the new CD?

Kenneth R. said:
Funny since I liked the debut better! :lol:

oh well, Jørn makes any band turn gold. *waits to see what he does next*
Great comment! He sure does. Thank everything that is holy that he will be at progpower or I'd be one very sad girl :(

woosta said:
So shall I assume that this means no MASTERPLAN songs at PP?

No, you should not. I'm confident in the setlist.

My opinion (and only my opinion) is that this actually would make him even less reluctant to sing Masterplan songs as there had to be that "uncomfortable" feeling of his current "money" band not being at the show and him using his solo band to "feast off the other" so to speak.

Glenn H.

Thanks, Glenn... THANK YOU So much. You have no idea how you are making me happy this year.

And I kind of agree there..

Anyways... Oh well :(

This is sad new... and I think I won't like whatever Jorn will do from now on... Even more melodic? Masterplan is already TOO melodic for me..

He could work with Tore Ostby again.. That would rule :) Doesn't need to be ARK.. Anything with Tore would be awesome :)