Jorn quits Masterplan

My heart dropped when I read the headline "Jorn Lande quits Masterplan." But after reading the article, it's for the best. Jorn can be as melodic as he wants with his solo band (Viggo will make sure it's ALWAYS heavy :) ), and Masterplan can find someone to accomodate them perfectly. Now I can't wait to hear what's next for the mighty MASTERPLAN!! Cheers! :)

Harvester said:
No clue on the "band" level, but from dealing with him directly this year and back at PP II, he is one of the nicest guys I have ever met.
And he's totally cool to his fans. Given how empty the venue was at PPII, my wife, Shaye, Britt and I stood in the hall and BSed with Jorn for what must have been 30 minutes. He couldn't have been more gracious.

Jorn... call Tore.

Zod

BlackenedDawn said:
My heart dropped when I read the headline "Jorn Lande quits Masterplan." But after reading the article, it's for the best. Jorn can be as melodic as he wants with his solo band (Viggo will make sure it's ALWAYS heavy :) ), and Masterplan can find someone to accomodate them perfectly. Now I can't wait to hear what's next for the mighty MASTERPLAN!! Cheers! :)

I agree with you. At first, I was very upset with the news. But upon further reflection, Jorn still has a fantastic solo career going and maybe the ex-Helloween guys in Masterplan will return more to The Dark Ride sound fo their former band that they are given so much credit for.

Also let me add, THANK GOD it is Jorn playing PP and not Masterplan. i would be horribly upset to learn I missed my one chance to see Jorn play live.

I hate to hear that Jorn has left Masterplan, but I'm not crushed either! Jorn is perfectly capable of doing his own thing, and doing it well. With that said, I'm confident Masterplan will be able to recruit a renowed lead vocalist. I'm looking forward to seeing what they come up with. IMO, Masterplan will continue to be a great power metal band.

Now, if I had any say so, and the Masterplan boys gave a rip what I thought, then I'd say pursue the following vocalist; Oliver Hartman and Olaf Hayer. IMO, Oliver would be an absolute stellar replacement for Jorn! :headbang:

J-Dubya 777 said:
I thought Morty Black or whatever his name is was playing bass for Jorn's band? I'm confused!

J-Dubya

I'm with you on that one. I'm pretty sure it was Morty Black (who left TNT a while ago) who was in Jorn's band.

A Norweigan newspaper is reporting that Ronni Le Tekro met with an "Englishman," who is supposedly going to be the new TNT vocalist. If true, that probably rules out Vagabond.

Steph
(who is still ultra-bummed that Harnell left TNT :cry: )

It seems to me that Jorn is a talented enough guy to make ANY band work. If he just turned his solo projects into his "band", then it would still work.

And on a funny note:

Jorn Lande is a band slut! He just goes around from album to album like a high school cheerleader! NYUK NYUK NYUK!

As much as I like Jorn's solo work, I love his work with Masterplan even more. I wish both him and MP all the best in the future. I still look forward to seeing Jorn play live in September! Hail!:headbang:

TwstDrSteph said:
I'm with you on that one. I'm pretty sure it was Morty Black (who left TNT a while ago) who was in Jorn's band.

A Norweigan newspaper is reporting that Ronni Le Tekro met with an "Englishman," who is supposedly going to be the new TNT vocalist. If true, that probably rules out Vagabond.

Steph
(who is still ultra-bummed that Harnell left TNT :cry: )
The rumor is the 'Englishman' is Tony Mills from Shy. That would be a very good replacement for Tony Harnell, imo.