Masterplan news

zinescene

Feb 11, 2002
Michigan
www.myspace.com
Press release from AFM Records in Germany:

Masterplan - After months of rumours and speculations it is now official:

JORN LANDE will once again join forces with his old bandmates, and work on what is expected to be yet another MASTERPLAN Masterpiece.

The new album is already in the works and Jorn is right now in Roland Grapow Studios in Slovakia to work on his vocal parts. The release date is not yet decided, but the album is scheduled to hit the market sometime in early 2010.

I can hardly wait.. I love their work and saw them in concert in 2003 and they were great live.

Been following all the speculation on this and been waiting for it. I'm sure the next album will be amazing. All 3 previous records are among the best albums of the past 6 years in my opinion, and Jorn's voice just fits Masterplan's music like a glove. So excited for this.

I'll have to wait and see. Jorn has never been more than two albums outside his own band. This may be a great return or another weak comeback.

I am BEYOND excited about this CD. I'm actually really digging the last Jorn solo release and am AMPED that I get another Masterplan CD with Jorn. I actually really liked the one with DiMeo songwriting wise and would love to hear Jorn sing those songs as well!

HOORAY!!! I love Jorn, I can't wait for this album, I liked Mike DiMeo as well he's very good too, but the Jorn Masterplan albums are amazing and MKII was just ok and too me if it had Jorn singing yeeeeeaaaaaah, and ooooooohhhhh, and ALRIGHT! every other line it would be amazing, and I'm not joking I love that stuff!

I can't wait for the new release - I just wish that Uli was back on drums; I traded some emails with him when MASTERPLAN was looking for a new singer - I suggested that they consider Lance King. Uli is a great guy, but left MP shortly thereafter. Uli is without a doubt my favorite drummer, bar none. Masterplan was just not as good without the voice of Jorn IMO.

MP's "Sail On" from their S/T album is one of my all-time favorite tracks.

On a different note, by and large (and there are several exceptions) I don't get into female lead vocals, but Uli's Beautiful Sin stuff is quite good.

J. Mac