Jorn quits Masterplan

Copied and pasted from the oldschool forum.... (hey we don't just fart dust and talk about Black Sabbath)

It is ashamed that Jorn has left Masterplan. That sounds like a job for Chity. I have been waiting for a bigger German based band to have an open singer slot. Chity is too talented to be just doing project work. He is also one of the few vocalists I think could replace almost any melodic/power vocalist and that's saying quite a bit.

Bryant

Now, if I had any say so, and the Masterplan boys gave a rip what I thought, then I'd say pursue the following vocalist; Oliver Hartman and Olaf Hayer. IMO, Oliver would be an absolute stellar replacement for Jorn!
In my opinion Oliver Hartmann would be the best replacement for Jorn in MASTERPLAN, his vocal style would fit perfectly, and also he is one of the most underrated singers around.

A friend of mine is REALLY into him, and obsesses with sending me various songs with Kiske on vox, and I hate to say but I have yet to be impressed. Jørn's boots are hard to fill.

Are you sure Hayer isn't on the next Luca Turilli album? I seem to remember reading just a month ago that he was on it, he just wasn't the only singer this time.

And yeah, the dude from Shy is supposed to be the new singer.

As for Masterplan, it's not like they used Jorn to his fullest potential anyway. Just about any good singer will fit in.

Eh. You practically have to trick him into performing metal songs these days. In interviews he complained that they turned up the guitars louder than he expected on the Place Vendome album.

The problem with Jorn was that he wanted a more melodic direction, less metal. With Kiske that problem would be even more magnified.

adaher said:
Eh. You practically have to trick him into performing metal songs these days. In interviews he complained that they turned up the guitars louder than he expected on the Place Vendome album.

The problem with Jorn was that he wanted a more melodic direction, less metal. With Kiske that problem would be even more magnified.
You're probably right about that. How about Mike Vescera or Mike DiMeo?

7thSaviour said:
or Mike DiMeo?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, keep DiMeo in Riot! :cry:

But I'll vote for Thomas Rettke for Masterplan :headbang:

NP: Majesty - 'Freedom heart'

Jorn is such a diva.

At least maybe this opens up the chance to reunite with Tore and Johnny Mac ("Burn The Sun" is easily the best thing he ever did)... but I have a suspiscion he'll just continue with his 2nd-rate David Coverdale-esque solo career...

In other news... RIP Masterplan.

Wyvern said:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, keep DiMeo in Riot! :cry:

But I'll vote for Thomas Rettke for Masterplan :headbang:

NP: Majesty - 'Freedom heart'
DiMeo has left Riot. There's another dude on the mic now. So yes, Mike D is available for hire!