JORN - Symphonic

KingsGene

God of Thunder
Apr 1, 2005
near KC
www.kingsofthenight.com
From http://www.bravewords.com/news/194848 :

Norwegian singer JORN LANDE (MASTERPLAN, YNGWIE MALMSTEEN, ARK, THE SNAKES) will release his new album, Symphonic, on January 22nd in North America and January 25th in Europe.

Symphonic is not a proper new album, but rather a selection of tracks taken from Jorn’s previous studio releases, which have been carefully selected by the Norwegian singer himself and painstakingly remixed in order to add a grandiose classical orchestra arrangement to the existing hard rock structure.”

Jorn commented: “I didn't want to choose the most obvious Jorn songs, as I didn't want this album to come out as a typical ‘best of’ release. Some songs that are not too typical in a Jorn context were chosen simply because some great songs often tend to be forgotten and therefore deserve a second chance.”

Symphonic also includes the unreleased cover version of DIO’s ‘Rock n’ Roll Children.

Jorn further commented: “I hope you will enjoy the album and maybe you will even rediscover some songs you had forgotten…”

p17dj8vscm1s16pr4eb6e2lb54.jpg

Tracklisting is as follows:

‘I Came To Rock’
‘Rock And Roll Children’
‘The World I See’
‘Burn Your Flame’
‘Man Of The Dark’
‘My Road’
‘Time To Be King’
‘Black Morning’
‘Like Stone In Water’
‘Vision Eyes’
‘War Of The World’
‘Behind The Clown’
‘A Thousand Cuts’
‘The Mob Rules’

The first single off the album, ‘I Came To Rock’, is streaming now at this location.

The new Jorn trend of men with crow heads on album covers is the only reason I bother seeing what he's been up to anymore, always good for a laugh.

6, 7 years ago this would have been a blind buy for me.

Nowadays, it will take something out of this world to make me buy another Jorn solo record. He's still one of my favorite voices in music, but his solo material is just terribly boring :(

It wasnt heavy rock, it was Tungur Knivur!:headbang:

I wish the news of a new Jorn album still excited me as it did way back in the day.

I still remember when Out to Every Nation came out. Nowadays, I'd make fun of anyone who used "RAINBOW SHAKER ON A UNICORN RIDE" in their lyrics. How I've taken that for granted.

And for that my friends, FOR THAT, I GIVE YOU THIS IN HONOR OF THE GOOD OLD DAYS:

Last edited by a moderator: