Journey Dates

princess_of_the_night2112

Goddess of Metal
May 23, 2005
Glasgow
Always quite liked Journey and it's good to see they are playing Scotland in June, albeit Edinburgh, so looks like I'll be taking a wee trek through to the capital to see Journey. Never seen them before, so should be a good one. Anyone else liking them or am I the lone Journey fan on the Saxon board hehe..

JOURNEY CONFIRM SHOWS
Legendary US AOR masters Journey are to play two headlining shows in the UK. They'll happen at Edinburgh Playhouse June 2, Manchester Apollo 5, This is in addition to their appearance at the Monsters Of Rock Festival at the Milton Keynes Bowl on June 3.

Oh no that's crap Blitzkrieg cos I've got the Twisted Sister & Hanoi Rocks the following night in Glasgow. Hells bells its gonny cost about £50 there and back to Edinburgh plus the £35 for the ticket, that's almost £100 already plus lots and lots of money for drinkies. It's quite an expensive hobby all this gigging these days. Gone are the days when you could go see a band for about £2.20, my first concert, or of course a cheaper one than that was seieng Diamond Head for 50p!!!! And yes I must talk about Diamond Head in every single post I just can't help myself hehe!!!!!.

Need to make the effort to go though cos this will probably be my last chance of seeing Journey, maybe I'll win Euromillions tonight then cos my hand has been very itchy all week, so that's always a good sign.

princess_of_the_night2112 said:
Oh no that's crap Blitzkrieg cos I've got the Twisted Sister & Hanoi Rocks .

Princess "I've got more than a feeling" I won't be seeing Journey :lol:

But seriously Hanoi Rocks is Mike Monroe back with them ?

Journey are a good band live:cool: I saw them severa ltimes with Steve Perry and more recently with Steve Augeri and he sounds imo, just like Steve Perry. I'm sure you'll enjoy the show and post a review Princess:kickass:

Fingers said:
But seriously Hanoi Rocks is Mike Monroe back with them ?

Oh yeah he's back with them alright. I'm not too fussed about Twisted Sister but I've heard they are amazing live,so its Hanoi Rocks I canny wait to see and especially that Mike Monroe - wow how ultra hot is he.

hanoirocks2.JPG

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Golden_Goose said:
Journey are a good band live:cool: I saw them severa ltimes with Steve Perry and more recently with Steve Augeri and he sounds imo, just like Steve Perry. I'm sure you'll enjoy the show and post a review Princess:kickass:

Yes I agree with your Goose that the new guy does sound very like Steve Perry. I've always liked Journey since the very first time I walked into the Friars Hall and this song was getting played, I didn't know who it was and walked over and checked out the jukebox and it was Whose Crying Now, loved that song and it got played constantly in the Friars. That and Hey Joe, think that was the first place I'd heard Hendrix as well, so I can thank the Friars Hall for introducing me to some brill music!

princess_of_the_night2112 said:
Yes I agree with your Goose that the new guy does sound very like Steve Perry. I've always liked Journey since the very first time I walked into the Friars Hall and this song was getting played, I didn't know who it was and walked over and checked out the jukebox and it was Whose Crying Now, loved that song and it got played constantly in the Friars. That and Hey Joe, think that was the first place I'd heard Hendrix as well, so I can thank the Friars Hall for introducing me to some brill music!

I saw the Escape Tour many years ago o_O I'm Getting old :p

I love the tune Wheel In The Sky :kickass:

Blitzkrieg2006 said:
journey edinburgh date has been changed its june 4th tickets are on salenow £35 plus booking fee

On Edinburgh Playhouse's site and Journey's site it's still saying 2nd June for Edinburgh. I'll need to phone them and see what the correct date is - the 2nd June would suit me better but I'll still probably go if its the 4th.