Journey Through Pressure

Hmm... It seems that I gotta give this song a few more listenings. I usually skip Itch and Journey through pressure when I listen to TGC.

...one of the BEST fucking albums in existance. I mean it!!! This is hands down the BEST damn Katatonia album, period. There's just no way any other band can top this level of magnificence this year.

This cd grew on me HUGELY. I have always loved BMD but could never get into to the sound after that. I bought this on a whim at FYE and liked it at first, but having listened to the album countless times after I fell in love with it. It always finds a way back into my cd player. Speaking of which, is TGCD much different from Discouraged Ones and on? I have listened to alot of samples on cdnow contemplating to buy the cds but it didn't really appeal to me.. I absolutely love the latest cd though, which is a similar style right? What is a good record in that era I should start with?

Well sir, Discouraged Ones is pretty different as it's a lot more raw and gothic. I think ethereal, hypnotic, repetitive bleak and beautiful are good words to describe DO. While it's not as accessible as their other records, its brilliant. Just listen to I Break and see if you won't be singing along to the chorus with a beer in your hand one of these days. Also quiet world might be one of the most beautiful songs in existence. Relention.. Nerve.. Last Resort... Deadhouse... all great tracks.. get the album and it will grown on you.

This cd grew on me HUGELY. I have always loved BMD but could never get into to the sound after that. I bought this on a whim at FYE and liked it at first, but having listened to the album countless times after I fell in love with it. It always finds a way back into my cd player. Speaking of which, is TGCD much different from Discouraged Ones and on? I have listened to alot of samples on cdnow contemplating to buy the cds but it didn't really appeal to me.. I absolutely love the latest cd though, which is a similar style right? What is a good record in that era I should start with?

You should def. start with viva emptiness and then continue with tonight's decision as TGCD has some viva emptiness and tonight's decision moments in it...When it comes to DO it's a whole different story my friend,it's their bleakest record but very different from TGCD both soundwise and musically.

Get Jhva Elohim Meth first. Be a man!

I love Dance of December Souls so I would probably like that.

I have been listening to a little of Viva lately, did they have a new drummer on TGCD? The drums on that album were so different. And fucking awesome.

I love Dance of December Souls so I would probably like that.

I have been listening to a little of Viva lately, did they have a new drummer on TGCD? The drums on that album were so different. And fucking awesome.

Nope.. VE and TGCD drummer is the same mo-fokker that would be Mr. Daniel Liljekvist

Daniel_Liljekvist_katatonia-m.jpg

signature-daniel.jpg

well at least he got his innicials clear .. so you can identify who the hell's that autograph ( well.. at least if you think that its from some Kata guy.. ).. would be way worse if he just drew the lines .. as some dudes out there does, and simply you can't understand whathefuck is written there or who's it from anyways.

Daniel Liljekvist...Yeah,i love this guy's music lists that you can check from the future of speech part at their offical web site.If you you take a peek on it,you can also see that daniel writes down more alternative band names and their albums than other members of the band.Also i wanna indicate that his drum plays in TGCD are magnificent!There is a continiously development in his music style...sure he'll get more commitment in the coming albums

Wow, this track has finally grown on me. Truly amazing. The lyrics are very good, and the synth behind "The sky moves faster" part is incredible. After two years, it finally got to me, ha.