Journey

I fucking like journey, I like symphony x, I like the temptations and for the last time I said was comparing them to symphony x because this is symphony x forum, and what the hell does any thread start with, and with that I request that this thread be closed pleeeeaaaaasssseee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why do you want it closed? Honestly, you started it. The way i see it, if you make statements that you can't back up, then what the hell? also, i know that with myself, as well as (i presume) many others on this board, symphony x is a GREAT band, but not necissarily FAVORITE. Therefore, we can take them with a grain of salt and go "ok, so maybe they aren't perfect". Hell, almost everyone has said they don't like some of their songs at some point, and almost no one will say that they are perfect without a single thing wrong with them. Therefore, you are just pulling out of your ass that we can't take anything negative about symphony x. The point is that you make a broad statement that romeo CAN'T slow down and that they ALWAYS speed up the tempo so his solo is a blazing fast solo. I call bullshit. Even if it was every single solo was like 543rd notes all strung together, he still plays with more feeling and is an overall better guitarist FOR HIS STYLE than many of the guitarists out there. Finally, comparing a 90's prog metal band to an 80's pop rock band (they have tallent, i'm not discounting that at all fellow journey fans) is just insane. Like someone pointed out earlier, it's like comparing brittney spears or madonna (or both, while lip locked hahaha) to symphony x. The point is not to bash you, but to point out that you can't just go making stupid ass claims all over the board, then expect everyone to treat you like you shit gold. it's not gonna happen. Even if symphony x isn't our absolute favorite band, we do have a killer metal/prog *grumbles about prog again :D * gathering here, and if you want to be a part of it then that's totally killer and i know everyone would be all for it, but you gotta show respect and post stuff that makes sense and isn't just some ass-backwards rant. Speaking of rants..... i'm done.

I would just like to add that I also like Journey and I think they were a super talented band but I kind've wish they would've taken their music style in another direction. Somewhere in the same direction as the END OF THE LIVE VERSION OF WHEEL IN THE SKY!!!!!!!!!