Today I got the video Michael Romeo - The Guitar Chapter...

DestrwidoR

Erunér - One of The Seven
Jul 19, 2003
avanzzzi.cjb.net
Today I got the video Michael Romeo - The Guitar Chapter ...

I was sad for being only 45 minutes because every time that he played some fast example my brain began to jump, but that crazy thing ohhhh my!!! I have some videos as, for example, of Kiko Loureiro, Jonh Petrucci, but none is as that, MICHAEL ROMEO IS THE BEST!! It was quite difficult to get it, I bought of a friend that came from japan...

I hope all can see this incredible guitar class.

my friend, I am shaking up to now... : -)

Glad you got one. I've had a copy for awhile (I had to be patient till I found one). and I think it's awesome. I wish he would make another, but I find it unfortunate that only several hundred of these were released. Every prog metal guitarist should have one.

While it did show you Mike's 'technical prowress' I don't think you really learn much from it. Not that many videos do mind you..lol. I think that Mike would be a great teacher, and could put out and even greater video, that would be longer.

Maybe he will. :)

Someone brought up the video one time, and someone (Jax maybe?) said that in the new FAQ section it will be covered. Romeo said that he would like to someday put out a video with more on the theory of constructing solos and stuff. That'd be cool.

Yes I have had this video for the longest .:) but yes he is real fast. If you want some even faster search for Michael Angel :) he is hella fast but no as good as romeo.

I own it as well. For me, its really more of a "watcch and be blown away
" video than an instructional video. Prolly the most helpfull video i own is Rock Discipline by Petrucci. This DVD to be AWESOME.

I tried to learn from the Petrucci video and failed. Much too hard for me. Then my brother offered me the Romeo video and I said no way. I watched a little bit with him and just enjoyed watching him. I guess I don't care about learning stuff.

Bassmasta said:
While it did show you Mike's 'technical prowress' I don't think you really learn much from it. Not that many videos do mind you..lol. I think that Mike would be a great teacher, and could put out and even greater video, that would be longer.

Maybe he will. :)

I agree when you say that in this video type it is not learned a lot, but this is video type that motivates you more to workout, it gives you vitality, at least with me it went like this. The one of Jonh Petrucci - Rock Discipline is as an almost normal class with the basic of each technique with a good teacher, now, the one of Romeo, you see some of the music that you more like to hear and to play, the hard ones, being played in the correct way.

That's amazing:OMG:

I learned from the Michael Romeo Video. I learned his picking style and fingering for some of his songs. I also learned some finger tapping techniques.