Favorite Michael Romeo solo (Please choose 1 if possible)

Of Sins and Shadows. Two reasons
1. It's the solo that got me into Symphony X.
2. That part right after the string skipping where Romeo bends the high note and adds whammy.

Serge... said:
Of Sins and Shadows. Two reasons
1. It's the solo that got me into Symphony X.
2. That part right after the string skipping where Romeo bends the high note and adds whammy.

Of Sins and Shadows was my first ever Symphony X song, but I really like the solo in Sea of Lies, that song has a special meaning to my life so thats probably why I like it the best. :kickass:

It shouldn't be but I'm also saying dawn of a million souls, I also think Russell sounds better than he does with SymX on this song. I think the production has a lot to do with this, perhaps money bags Arjen enabled this fancy production but I've never liked SymX production, especially the awful drum sound, yuk! If SymX had a drum sound like DT on Scenes they would be much more dynamic.

Alexander TG said:
It shouldn't be but I'm also saying dawn of a million souls, I also think Russell sounds better than he does with SymX on this song. I think the production has a lot to do with this, perhaps money bags Arjen enabled this fancy production but I've never liked SymX production, especially the awful drum sound, yuk! If SymX had a drum sound like DT on Scenes they would be much more dynamic.
I'll have to second that. I was just yesterday thinking how the albums would sound with better drum production.

Smoke and Mirrors for me. I think it's Romeo and Pinella's best lead duel section.

Runner up - Masquerade after the guitar/bass tapping part. The transition into that pure metal section just kicks me square in the face!

Alexander TG said:

Although I too wish Symphony X had better production (especially that drum sound on Odyssey)... I think DT's Scenes has weak production as well (especially the drums)... I'd like to hear Symphony X with production like on Zero Hour's "The Towers of Avarice" (especially the drums!