Favorite Michael Romeo solo (Please choose 1 if possible)

Airgeetar_freak

New Metal Member
Nov 14, 2003
Salt Lake City, Utah
Visit site
All of us should agree that Michael Romeo is probably of the best relatively unknown guitarists out there. So here's the question:

Which of Michael Romeo's guitar solos (please choose one) are your favorite?

I find them all to be excellent, but Into the Dragon's Den is my favorite because of the high levels of coolness!

Demonspell said:
Second solo in Communion and the Oracle, especially after seeing Romeo pull it off live flawlessly two days ago...
Yeah, he nailed it!

I'm gonna say Church of the Machine. I also really love the solos in both Accolades, The Odyssey, & Communion.

Communion and the Oracle (both of them) for tastefulness and smooth tone, Sea of Lies for bitchin wah use and great variety of different techniques, and Of Sins and Shadows for pure "metal-ness"! :kickass:

I would say the best from him is the solo in "Of Sins and Shadows". That solo just rips everyone a new asshole! Absolutely incedible! And the exchanges with Pinella are awesome!

I also think the solo in "Candlelight Fantasia" is awesome! (Second favorite)

The lead in "Savage Curtain" always stood out to me as well. (3rd favorite)

Lastly, the lead from "In the Dragon's Den" is awesome just because it's MJR showing off his skills without seeming like he's showing off, know what I mean? :) (4th favorite)

might seem weird to some, but my favorite is in Eyes of Medussa. It's mucho interesting. Remids me of JP's first solo in erotomania (not the crazy one toward the end)

joeshabadoo said:
Remids me of JP's first solo in erotomania (not the crazy one toward the end)

If you really want to hear a JP-sounding solo by Romeo, check out "Whispers" from The Damnation Game.

Anyway, my favorites are Of Sins and Shadows, In The Dragon's Den, and the cool one about 16:00 in TDWOT.