Michael Romeo Caparison

one of the only dealers for Caparisons in the US is in Long Island, NY...never been there though

Matt, have you checked that store out? Guitar Asylum I think it's called. I'm gonna try to check it out while coming up to see Gigantour.

Hey guys went to the Albuquerque show last night and got to talk to LePond during DT for around 30 minuets. I asked him about this and he said there is no signature model as of yet but he is not sure what mike has discussed with them other then just the endorsements. He is using the same pickups from his ESP’s and is using his vetta live. I also talked to him about all us musicians on the boards and told him they need to come in here more and hang with us. Told him how all of us try to play and learn there songs and I think from his reaction it took him back to when he was trying to figure out his favorite bands songs, he said that he will talk to mike that he thanks it’s a great idea for them to come here and post how they play the songs more often. He also said the new album is coming along great and that it will be heaver then odyssey but with a lot more classical influence to it. Sorry I did not get to talk to Michael Romeo, it kind of sucked I had the M&G platinum pass for megadeth and when we did it we had to go to the food tent for all of it. We sat there for around 15 min waiting for megadeth to come in but where not allowed to move, so of course that was right when everyone except Russ comes in to eat! I was going out of my mind! There is Michael Romeo 10 feet from me eating and I was expected to just stand there and watch! So any way sorry guys no tips from the god himself on any licks or sound settings but I can give you some tips on how he eats!? Any way thanks to Mike LePond for coming out to the fans and taking the time to talk to me!

""Any particular reason? I love maple-fretboarded guitars, even tho my main axe right now has an ebony fretboard.""
Matt didnt you have a MII with maple did you buy a new axe or something.Because if you got the urban model i was curious if they are any good?

soulshred said:
""Any particular reason? I love maple-fretboarded guitars, even tho my main axe right now has an ebony fretboard.""
Matt didnt you have a MII with maple did you buy a new axe or something.Because if you got the urban model i was curious if they are any good?

Yeah, my main axe is the M-II Urban Camo now. Best guitar I've ever played. The grey maple fretboard M-II has become my drop-C guitar since getting the UC.

Somebody told me that the pickups on the Caparison are different from what MR always used. So can we expect a guitar tone change in the next album ?

By the way, it is good to see Romeo lost some weight :) You know, i don't want him to have health problems releated to overweight :)

No its not gonna change because in the pictures its obvious that he changed th pickups to what he usually uses(dimarzio x2n-tonezone)
and esps and caparisons sound very similar so his tone is not gonna change unless he wants it to

LOL, I heard someone talking about when Yngwie lost weight, they said something like: "Wow, I bet there's going to be a lot of palm muting on his next album from all the loose skin."

It is about time a guitar company picked up on Romeo. The fact that he went so long without sponsorship is mind-boggling. Hell, the guy from Kamelot has Jackson, and they can't be much more popular. Did ESP ever sponsor him? Maybe they did, and I just don't know about it.

As far as I know Romeo had a sponsorship deal but not in a way lets say Yngwie has from fender I think romeo got his custom guitars from esp for free but he didnt get paid to use them or advertised in any esp catalog(maybe in japan i dont know?)
same deal with joe stump he is a mother fucker with the guitar he gets free shit and everything but not much apreciated ofcourse lots og great players get endorsments but its more about how famous you are. kirk hammet for example.