I saw Glenn Fricker's video on this one and was impressed. Totally forgot about this thread and glad to see Exoced's video of the Zombie with the TS in front of it. Really digging this amp, though it seemed a bit scooped for my tastes. The TS fixed that. Now I'm GASing hard...

Hi there,

A long time I didn't took the time to come here, I'm glad to see my videos can help to have an idea of the different tone you can have with this amp!

My favorite amp,stay my Engl Savage 120,( loaded with KT88),and for fun, I made a video with all my amps ,and compare them to the Zombie... and , I'm absolutly rigth with the two last post,mids are too scooped, beside the other amps,mainly beside the EVH.

I had to make differents setting and I used differents out of theses amps :

- EVH 5150 100W = Preamp Out
- Engl Savage 120 =Send Out
- Joyo Zombie = Send Out
- Peavey Piranha = Cab Out

I'm waiting for the torpedo captor for can use the same outs for every amps,

I hope you will like this video,

Ced.

Last edited:

I too got this mini amp as abit of a laugh and was actually amazed how loud it can get! can actually take it to gigs and its loud enough! also attached is a little play through i did of it and i must say it can do anything! throw a SM57 in front of the speaker anywhere and the tone of it will always be great!

No I actually have not. I play right in front of my 4x12 cab with Fishman Devin Townsend pickups (active pickups) and have not had any noise issues. I plug my zombie into a common surge protector type outlet that is normal for about every household. I have my pa system and my amp plugged into this -even my pedal board power supply too! I bet any noise issue you may have could be related to the source of your electricity. I am in a somewhat newer house. I know in my old house which was built in the 1920's I had major noise issues. I guess that is the price I pay for having a mortgage. Huge payment - no noise. Life is all give and take:) If you are having noise issues try to make sure you are plugged into a 3 prong outlet(if in the United States). Next, try out different wall outlets to see if that changes anything. Finally try different rooms. If no luck trying any of those options I would look into a ground loop isolator possibly. Or having your house re-wired. Yeah right who can afford that. I know there are some other options out there but am just not too up on the current solutions available.

No I actually have not. I play right in front of my 4x12 cab with Fishman Devin Townsend pickups (active pickups) and have not had any noise issues. I plug my zombie into a common surge protector type outlet that is normal for about every household. I have my pa system and my amp plugged into this -even my pedal board power supply too! I bet any noise issue you may have could be related to the source of your electricity. I am in a somewhat newer house. I know in my old house which was built in the 1920's I had major noise issues. I guess that is the price I pay for having a mortgage. Huge payment - no noise. Life is all give and take:) If you are having noise issues try to make sure you are plugged into a 3 prong outlet(if in the United States). Next, try out different wall outlets to see if that changes anything. Finally try different rooms. If no luck trying any of those options I would look into a ground loop isolator possibly. Or having your house re-wired. Yeah right who can afford that. I know there are some other options out there but am just not too up on the current solutions available.
So my question is, I was thinking about getting a joyo zombie and my buddy has a peavy 4x12 cab with two separate connections on the back. So he has to use a splitter to use his amp on it or just use one side for one of my other amps. Can this cab handle that load or would I have to just use half of the cab??