VHT 112 ported cab

4Eyes

May 29, 2011
Hi guys,

does anybody have any experience with this little cab? I mean older VHT 112 front ported cab. How does it sound? I'd like to get small cab for recording mainly higain guitars and I have a chance to get this one. Or do you think that something with V30 would be a better choice? This VHT is loaded with some kind of VHT custom 100W speaker by Eminence

Is it the new one designed for the special 6? Specs etc would help.

You'd probably be better off with a 2x12 though for metal.

Yeah, regardless I don't think a 1x12 will cut it. Not enough low end and air being pushed, will probably sound boxy.

Marcus is the Harley Benton 2x12 a decent cab? Been thinking of getting it and putting some new speakers in it as its cheap on thomann.

I've heard nothing but good things about them! especially for the price. i'm actually getting one soon to decide for myself if its worth keeping.
currently have a 1x12 orange which sounds a little small/boxy/not good enough

My suggestion still stands, nothing about that cab (1x12, ported, Eminence) sounds promising to me, regardless of the manufacturer

funny thing, that nothing about harley benton sounds promising to me. I just want cab for recording and home use and I don't want to spend money on something that I'll probably sell for much less (which would be case of HB cab) than I bought it. :)

I haven't tried the VHT. But, I wanted to stick up for 1x12's. They can kick ass with the right amp/speaker. For the last year I've been rehearsing with a DIY 2203 Bassman in a homemade 1x12 combo with an Eminence Governor. Sealed cab, no ports, junk home depot plywood. Spanks the fuck out of the other guitarist two 4x12/JVM/rack rig tonewise. I have 4x12's and know what kind of air they can push. I bullshit you not, this little cab does very well. It is a little clunky at low A, but not too bad.

I'm talking about this cab

485368_3411954627525_1529818286_3021421_1948084973_n.jpg

got it yesterday and made a quick test. it sounds amazing for it's size, but it has it's own, specific VHT/Fryette-ish sound which I have to decide if I like or not :lol:

I have the VHT cab with a vintage 30 in it, and open back. I use it ALL the time. I've played shows with my 5150 head into it, and it cuts right through. It's real fuckin' handy to have around, and it sounds pretty fuckin' good. It aint a 4x12, but it's loud enough. Mine's 8 ohms and rated at 100 watts.

I'm not sure if the old VHT/Fryette ever made 1x12 open back cabinets with V30. this one is from the pre-Fryette era, your cab is probably from the new VHT era