VHT + XXX

Given the right amp and situation, using an OD pedal might be a good way to go. I just haven't found that need with my current set-up. To me, it doesn't matter if someone plugs straight into their amp or runs 37 pedals in front and an EQ in the loop...you do what you have to in order to get the sound that you want. I don't think there's any standard for achieving a great tone. I just haven't found the need with my current set-up. If I had a different guitar rig, maybe I'd feel differently.

Ok, I'm interested in this Tubescreamer idea. How much gain should I be adding in before it hits the amp? Tons? A tiny bit for some grit, meanwhile the amp is at full throttle?

Some guidance would be much appreciated!

-0z-

Well ... im new to this Pedal in front of a high gain amp thing myself.... But from what everyone seems to be saying is that you just use it as a clean boost going into the amp.....

Im trying this actually on my Solid State Behringer and i do like the way it cleans up the sound. Im using a Ibanez TS-808 that my dad gave me for my 18th Birthday. Its the only pedal i ve ever kept just for the simple fact that he gave it to me ..

Ok back to the topic.... I keep the drive at 7 o' clock Tone at 3 o'clock and the level cranked ...

Im starting to see your point on the EMG's james.... lol
You suck :p

Now i think i may have to eat my words on the sound of the EMG's I just may have to try another set. Its been quite a few years since i used them. So mabe my ears have changed. i do love the high gain tones andy gets. I used to hate the rectofiers too. i was a JCM900 man for a LOOOONGGGG ass time Especially with my MP-1 in front of it.

But it seems as though every tone i like nowadays is coming from a recto or a vht with a tube screamer in front.

Da Fukn Guru

Yes, a bit foward and over compression. The music is pushed back everytime the singer comes in... Too much limiting on the master buss probably...
Beside this, I can't stand this lofofora-like kind of vocals but the lyrics made my day... o_O :D

~BURNY~ said:
Yes, a bit foward and over compression. The music is pushed back everytime the singer comes in... Too much limiting on the master buss probably...
Beside this, I can't stand this lofofora-like kind of vocals but the lyrics made my day... o_O :D

Yes it's forward, but I think both vocals and guitars are forward compared to drums

Maurizio

Hey guys thanks for your comments,

Yes I agree, but this was the band's wish to have guitars and vocals in front, with almost no bass guitar at all... Also, it's true that this temporary master has been done too quickly and the compression needed tweaking as well, I changed it all since then, I'll post another version soon I think !

Cheers !

Edit : Snares are bitches :)